My Nebulae (Sirenko Nebula)

Started by WAS, April 05, 2018, 05:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Some of the nebulae I have been doing but may represent the last, not even cutting resolution is helping my render time issues. Poseidon's Horn is the latest and posing some issues I'm having. Renders, without changing much but seeds and mask angles have quadrupled in time (2hr plus for these tiny renders at AA 1 or 2). I'm not sure why.

My CPU has also showing stress signs; idling at over 10c above normal after a recent cleaning a week ago to ensure no dust build-up on CPU and GPU. Really hope I'm not loosing another computer. They've all been gifts for the last decade and I just got this one "to last" being a relatively new PC at 2014 instead of 2004. :\ Pray to the CPU gods. Or if you're religious just pray for my health and the ability to work. Feeling worthless and tired in my endeavors.

Good luck to your projects

ajcgi

First two are very successful.
This is an interesting project for sure.
I wouldn't worry about CPU temp so much. With the machine running full tilt for a long time it just will be warmer - in the case, in the room it's in and so on. I used to run my old Q6600 at way above the temp most ran it at and it survived for 6 years before I gave it away.

WAS

Quote from: ajcgi on April 05, 2018, 05:46:29 AM
First two are very successful.
This is an interesting project for sure.
I wouldn't worry about CPU temp so much. With the machine running full tilt for a long time it just will be warmer - in the case, in the room it's in and so on. I used to run my old Q6600 at way above the temp most ran it at and it survived for 6 years before I gave it away.

This is a first gen APU (A10-5600k) with a ton of issues, and is currently 20c over spec idle and can push 100c with minimal load, photoshop, browser, video, etc. Max temp mean is 65c and I idle at 60-65c. My temperature is very cool as I live in a RV with the AC unit running on the PC in the loft (due to my medical condition my skin doesn't feel well and I run hot so I need it to sleep). Being sudden too, and showing signifigantly in TG render computation, It's safe to assume a CPU issue has occurred, whether be thermal paste related or something, hopefully not the unit itself. Definitely nothing I need to risk with 0 income.

I made this in PS before bed here at almost 100c. Going to shut it off until my fiancee has time to take me to a friends with correct equipment. I've dealt with hot PCs pushed to the max my whole life, but this is beyond "hot". This is baking thermal paste and metals.