Learning Curve

Started by luvsmuzik, April 06, 2018, 10:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on April 07, 2018, 10:30:31 AM
The bmp map will just be a gradient from black to white, from low to high areas, so you don't really need that as mask. Altitude restraints will do just as nicely.

well that is what I thought too since TG no longer supports saving Surface Layers Atmosphere, Cloud Layer like in version 9 days. Now we use clip files. It isn't too hard to duplicate if you still have the original file though. :) I could go dust off the old 1Gig, but I refuse to have another one hogging power.

Although.....it does have a working TG 9, running Win7...hmmm ;D

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 07, 2018, 11:31:36 AM
Quote from: Dune on April 07, 2018, 03:34:04 AM
Just so you know, I use the color adjust too to make a (thus very bleached) mask out of somewhat darker colored, larger fake stones that way, to mask out grasses or they might stick through).

Often I do similar, I duplicate my Fakestones shader and remove colour variation from it and it seems to work without a colour adjust, I just reverse it in the mask/blend channel I am using...A typo just created and I corrected...I amusing and of course I was amused heh heh heh

Dang , I thought I was unique doing that!

luvsmuzik

WIP Original terrain saved from some version of TG 9
At the time I followed a tutorial to assign surface layers with noise with limited area for colors Now with objects!
Numerous Power Fractal masking! Fake stones!

TG Creative presets
Wood anemone
Cosmos
Generic tree

masonspappy Grass from Forum File Sharing
my yellow flower Blender

Goal: recreate animation fly through. The first one took 3 days to render with camera path, moving sun and clouds.

J_Con

Lovely foliage in that one. The limited fractal coverage is a good idea, I book marked that. I do tend to lurk a little, mostly due to time constraints. And yeah, Terragen is a hard task master. While it can to do things other software would struggle with, it's arguably one of the most frustrating 3d programs to use.

bobbystahr

Vey nicely foliaged scene luvs...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Thanks guys! Far tree line not small enough yet, but adjustments will be made and some pines to cover higher elevation will be included soon. :)

Lady of the Lake

Really like all the flowers in the foreground.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on April 20, 2018, 11:01:57 AM
Really like all the flowers in the foreground.

Thank you!
Link here to earlier trial with TG3....boy have I learned a lot!
First image is the old TG9 render, no objects, just surface layer fractal noise.
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21406.msg214869.html#msg214869