Red Mountain

Started by leafada, April 09, 2018, 10:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leafada

:'(  I don't know how to make the coastline.

Dune

How do you mean? You have a coastline, but want to add stuff there?

archonforest

Yeah I was contemplating also what do you mean.
Otherwise very nice render already!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

leafada

@Dune @archonforest, thx for reply.
What I mean is that there is a dividing line between the mountain and the water in original image. I want to make this dividing line more natural and not so blunt. In my final render image, I used a cloud brush to make a dividing line, although the result Yes, but it takes a long time to adjust. Is there any other simple way to make this coastline?

WAS

Quote from: leafada on April 09, 2018, 11:58:08 PM
@Dune @archonforest, thx for reply.
What I mean is that there is a dividing line between the mountain and the water in original image. I want to make this dividing line more natural and not so blunt. In my final render image, I used a cloud brush to make a dividing line, although the result Yes, but it takes a long time to adjust. Is there any other simple way to make this coastline?

I feel that is very natural. Think of the water currents continuously washing away heavy particulate, leaving behind silty clay settlement, this would be lighter than he soil it was separated from. Since there is no vegetation, this is the look a coastline would have.

In general, this is very well done scene, I really enjoy it.

Dune

Indeed, I don't see much wrong with it. Since your POV is so low above water the waterline will be very tight. The only thing I can think of is that water tends to make some soils darker, so that could be an option, darken it gradually to a few decimeters above water level (and in other renders add a no-RT reflective shader). But I doubt it would be very much different from this distance.

leafada

Excuse me, it's my mistake, above image was processed, the following is the original image (not processed),  you can see the uneven level, and the edge does not look good, so I used the cloud brush processing. If I do not use cloud brushes, is there any other way to make this edge more natural and horizontal?

Hannes

Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea, what's bothering you. To me it looks great. I tried to see something in the areas your arrows point to, but didn't find anything.
The terrain is terrific, and the water looks good as well. I think you could work on the clouds a bit, but otherwise a very good render.

ajcgi

Maybe find a photo that shows what you would like to create?

Hannes

Aaah, wait! Do you mean those horizontal pattern in the water near the shore? If so, that's the wind patch effect, and it looks absolutely correct.

Or it's not what you meant, and I have still no idea... :)

leafada

Thanks everyone,
I found that maybe I am a perfectionist :P

archonforest

Quote from: leafada on April 10, 2018, 09:40:21 AM
Thanks everyone,

That is not a bad thing but as an artist it is good to recognize when something is done. (It is no very easy though.) Otherwise u can fell into the trap of "keep doing and doing..." and sometimes it just make it worst.
You got a fine piece here for sure!  8)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

Quote from: leafada on April 10, 2018, 09:40:21 AM
Thanks everyone,

I have hundreds of unshared projects and stuff for the same reasons honestly. I'll find something I'll focus on and deem the project bugged or bad.