Spring in the Gully

Started by Lady of the Lake, April 09, 2018, 10:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

Have recently lost my muse....just trying to get back into the swing of things.  TG4 Creative.   Thanks for looking.

WAS

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on April 09, 2018, 10:48:47 AM
Have recently lost my muse....just trying to get back into the swing of things.  TG4 Creative.   Thanks for looking.

Very nice! Really like the Tufts of grass mixed in. This reminds me.of some.of the scenery in The Hunter game I used to play

archonforest

nice and peaceful. Good job ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

Spring, spring, spring it is! Nice pic.

Oh and by the way, no allergy so far... :o
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Coming back to this, there is one suggestion I could advise, terrain leaning on your grass/flower populations. I notice a lot of "straights" showing up in the grass details, something you wouldn't really notice in nature.

Hannes

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 09, 2018, 04:39:33 PM
Coming back to this, there is one suggestion I could advise, terrain leaning on your grass/flower populations. I notice a lot of "straights" showing up in the grass details, something you wouldn't really notice in nature.

That's exactly what I thought. Otherwise great image. Very natural!

Lady of the Lake

Thanks guys, will see what I can do with it.

archonforest

Btw it is nice that u are back here! I personally like your art style. Great colors, soft mood and everything is calm ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

beauty and what Hannes and WAS said
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lady of the Lake

I tried some leaning.  Very subtle difference but better.  Made the pops a higher quality and raised the render quality abit.

Question: can someone tell me what the "soft clip effect" option does that is under the tonemap  of the Render Button?

Oshyan

When you say you "made the pops a higher quality", are you referring to the "Render Quality" setting in the Populator? If so this has *no* effect if you are using Raytrace Objects, which in most cases you should be.

Soft Clip is a simple form of tone mapping or "HDR" processing. It makes bright areas of your image look more natural and not "blown out". You get more detail in very bright areas, basically. We recommend keeping it enabled unless you plan to do a lot of your own processing of the image later.

- Oshyan

Dune

Great render. The stone gully looks very natural geologically, and the veggies fit nicely in.

Lady of the Lake

Quote from: Oshyan on April 12, 2018, 01:00:18 AM
When you say you "made the pops a higher quality", are you referring to the "Render Quality" setting in the Populator? If so this has *no* effect if you are using Raytrace Objects, which in most cases you should be.

Soft Clip is a simple form of tone mapping or "HDR" processing. It makes bright areas of your image look more natural and not "blown out". You get more detail in very bright areas, basically. We recommend keeping it enabled unless you plan to do a lot of your own processing of the image later.

- Oshyan

Yes, regarding the populations.  Won't bother to do that any more.   :)  Thanks for the explanation of the Soft Clip Effect.  I am going to experiment with that; I have always left it checked but never changed the setting.

Thanks to all who commented.  Appreciated a bunch.

luvsmuzik

Great image and please give us more great examples! Truly lovely.  :)

bobbystahr

Nicely done Lyla...I as well often forget to lean to terrain normals....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist