Antivirus for Vista

Started by dhavalmistry, September 28, 2007, 08:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I was wondering which antivirus program is compatible with Vista 32-bit

I am only aware of 2 so far

1. Avast (this is the one I use)

2. Norton

I have heard that Mcafee is coming out with vista compatibility with its new 2008 version and also pc-cillin is coming out with a version  that is vista compatible, but I am not sure if their release dates or anything.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Harvey Birdman

I'm partial to Nod32. I don't know about their Vista compatability, though.

reck

Dark Fire

Doesn't Windows Live OneCare work?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Dark Fire on September 29, 2007, 11:48:22 AM
Doesn't Windows Live OneCare work?

ya but I dont trust microsoft antivirus......besides you have to pay monthly or something for the protection......

andytw

Nod 32 is compatible with both 32 & 64 bit Vista 8)

NWsenior07

My new Dell with 32 bit Vista home premium came with McAfee installed, it does a good job of updating itself, it can eat up some resourses when it wants to but that is the nature of the beast I suppose.

Saurav

I think AVG is the best freeware antivirus for Vista (32/64bit). It's not pretty to look a but it does it's job very well.

dhavalmistry

actually I wouldnt mind spending a little cash on things like antivirus (but only if its worth it)

is AVG Internet security 7.5 any good?

Oshyan

I've used AVG free on all my systems (4-8 of them) for years now and no problems. Ironically I've found it even more reliable than many of the commercial apps at times (e.g. a friend will send me a file and I'll find a virus in it and they'll tell me their own virus scanner found nothing - these are not false positives either). It's also reasonably low in resource use. I just got Vista myself and was glad to find AVG already compatible with it. So I've got it installed and it's doing fine so far. Above all I would recommend *against* any Norton or Mcaffee product for paid A/V. If you want to pay I'd say PC Cillin, Kaspersky, NOD32, or CA/ETrust are good.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

thanx Oshyan, I just bought the AVG Internet Security and my computer is much faster and has more free memory than before....