Blackmagic have done it again!

Started by digitalguru, April 09, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalguru

if you're into video as well..

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera

New Pocket Cinema Camera:
4k @ 60fps, 1080 @ 120fps, 13 stops dynamic range, ISO up to  25,600, 3d LUT support, RAW and HDR recording

all for about $1295!

N-drju

Smartphone industry's gonna be pissed! Not... ;)

Given the price... Only established photographers and companies will be able to afford this, otherwise impressive, piece of equipment.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

digitalguru

You could always do this :D
[attachimg=1]

N-drju

"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Ethrieltd

What lens mount is it?

I get to use a Canon 5D VI quite often and it's the availability of some REALLY good lenses that can make the difference. How is the BM with that?

Oh, and why do camera manufacturers insist on providing filters/LUTs to be baked into recordings? Anyone who does that is insane. You record flat and post process, you don't "instagramize" in camera. Way to ruin your footage...

digitalguru

QuoteWhat lens mount is it?

It's micro four-thirds. I have the original pocket and used Nikon lenses with a Metabones speedbooster adapter and it worked really well,  there are adapters for Canon as well. I think I'll have to get a new type of adapter for this new model,  but still cheaper than replacing a bunch of lenses.

QuoteOh, and why do camera manufacturers insist on providing filters/LUTs to be baked into recordings?

You don't have to bake a lut in,  in fact Blackmagic's whole ethos is to provide flat footage that is super gradeable in post , but it is there as an option,  I guess it's there for journalists - who might have to get something to air quickly without having to go through post,  the inclusion of professional 3D lut's is a really good idea.