My train is back

Started by archonforest, April 11, 2018, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Here is my current work. Almost done with it. C and C are welcome.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

Pretty good job. How about some blur on the train if it's moving? :) Unless you want it clearly visible which, I guess, you are after.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

Thx Kadri. :)

There is a small blur on it alrady. Hmmm...I guess it is not very visible.

WAS

Quote from: archonforest on April 11, 2018, 04:17:15 PM
Thx Kadri. :)

There is a small blur on it alrady. Hmmm...I guess it is not very visible.

Really wondering if you would even see a motion blur on a train with modern cameras. I've taken lots of train pics at Picnic Point here in WA of the Santa Fe, and never have seen a motion blur. They don't move nearly fast enough.

The foliage all looks really good, but kinda noticing a similar green pallette in some of the same vegetation. Maybe a PF to kill some of it with browns?

Dune

Great. But maybe I would like it better without the blur. Veggies are terrific.

archonforest

Thanks guys! I looked up some pictures and the motion blur will have to go. If the camera would be focusing on something close by then a little motion blur would be okay but in this case no.

Hannes

Great! And I like the blur. There's one thing that could be improved to my taste: if you'd add a very thin localised (V2-) cloud layer, there'd be some haze to add a bit more depth.

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on April 12, 2018, 12:40:04 PM
Great! And I like the blur. There's one thing that could be improved to my taste: if you'd add a very thin localised (V2-) cloud layer, there'd be some haze to add a bit more depth.

Thx Hannes. Yes I am also thinking about the clouds. I will see this option.

otakar

Nice! Ok, so the engine could be old and grimed up and I guess the cars, too - to a degree - but some reflection on the metal would probably look good.

bobbystahr

Nice render...all my insights are covered already previously...carry on.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Thx Otakar and Bobby. Rendering a version now with some clouds. Technically the cars are already dirty but I can give a bit more. The engine definitely will need more...hehe...
I was fixing these engines before. This model got about 5000Hp. One of my favorite engines all the times.

Hannes

Great! I may have been a bit vague when I mentioned the thin cloud layer. I sometimes use such a cloud layer (on the ground), often without any density shader just to put the distance into a haze to get more depth. When I try this with the actual haze in the atmosphere tab, it sometimes affects the whole scene too much.

archonforest

Ohh....  :-\
I made one with clouds...
But I don't liked it so I nuked the clouds...

Anyways here is an update. Will try the other clouds after.

Piliph71

I think your picture is really better with blur on the train. Maybe you can try blur on all the scene without the train.