My train is back

Started by archonforest, April 11, 2018, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

The landscape elements are excellent! And I am a big fan of trains running thru beautiful panoramas, and this is a lovely scene. I agree that the blur belongs, however it's the color values of the train that seem a bit overpowering. 'Greying' out the values would help the train to sit a bit more into the landscape imo. Some weathering and grunge in the textures would be great, but probably not necessary at the distance.  All that aside, I really like the image.

archonforest

Quote from: zaxxon on April 13, 2018, 12:13:37 PM
The landscape elements are excellent! And I am a big fan of trains running thru beautiful panoramas, and this is a lovely scene. I agree that the blur belongs, however it's the color values of the train that seem a bit overpowering. 'Greying' out the values would help the train to sit a bit more into the landscape imo. Some weathering and grunge in the textures would be great, but probably not necessary at the distance.  All that aside, I really like the image.
Thank you zaxxon. I will play a bit with the colors of the train.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Lovely train scene and if it were fresh out of the station on it's way across N America but in VIA Rail colours it could be in Canada. Maybe a bit of grey in the colour channel would desaturate the seemingly over bright colour.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Yes, I think perhaps reducing saturation of the train colors would help make it look more natural in the environment. Also if there is no specular on it already, it might help to add some subtle, diffuse specular.

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

If that is the object I remember....good luck with that. I think it looks great! The passenger trains I am familiar with were actually kept quite well maintained, agreeing with bobbystahr here.  A little specular might help. :)

Vegetation quite impressive.

archonforest

Thank you guys. Rendering a new one with less prominent blue color.

archonforest

Okay here is the final version.  :)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I really like this render! Veggies and train very well fit together.

Antoine

Great scene, looks very realistic, especially the vegetation.

David.

archonforest

Hannes

WAS

Quote from: archonforest on April 15, 2018, 07:44:43 AM
Okay here is the final version.  :)

The train looks so much better with the blur reduction, really feel emersed now. Great work! Still so amazed by people's work here. :O

archonforest

Thx guys. :) Glad u like it.

Lady of the Lake

Glad you subdued the colors.....great image.