A peaceful place

Started by Antoine, April 13, 2018, 05:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Hello,
Here is a new scene I have done. I have mainly worked on the plain ground this time.
I could'nt find a way to rotate a heightfield terrain. I have tried with a transform input shader but it doesn't work. Is there any solution ?

David.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Very nice ground work and no unfortunately there is no way to rotate terrains that I've found...and I did work...there's the flip option maybe of help.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 14, 2018, 04:06:27 PM
Very nice ground work and no unfortunately there is no way to rotate terrains that I've found...and I did work...there's the flip option maybe of help.

I concur - very good work on the ground details. And yes, there is no way to rotate the heightfield. :( What you can do however is to create a PF-based heightfield and rotate the PF output using transform shader. You will need to adjust the "position" values though, because the whole scenery will move about.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Antoine

Thank you for your suggestions and comments !

David.

luvsmuzik

Did you use the erosion plugin? Nice snow cover too. Very realistic work!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on April 15, 2018, 07:55:22 PM

The ground especially looks great.

Doesn't it just...very real!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Antoine

QuoteDid you use the erosion plugin?

No, it is done with World Machine.

David.

Hannes

Very nice and natural! Well done.
too bad that there seems to be no way to rotate a heightfield.
Just did some tests, and as far as I can see, you can rotate everything BUT the heightfield with a transform shader... :(