TB-scene

Started by Dune, April 13, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Great works! People are very realistic too!

David.

Dune

Last concept/WIP before the final render will start. Cut in two again. I had to blur some areas, otherwise I couldn't post here. This is rendered in 2.5 hours at 0.5 and 5. Some minor things I want to change.
The big central rock is an old grave, btw. (hunebed). I had first made it by 2 simple shapes (one for the hill, and one for vdisping the entrance), and some painted areas on top to show top stones (just texture), but later build a real hunebed to sit in that hill.

Dune

And the right part.

Hannes

Fantastic progress, Ulco!

bobbystahr

Wow, veg  as always is awesome and good job on the bare feet. I also like the sweaty shine on the guy who just ran down a hare. Great job on that thatching.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

24000x6860px at 0.6 and 6 + soft shadows rendered in 25 hours. Not bad at all. Used 18gig. Unfortunately some textures were unattached when the file was opened on another machine with all objects and textures similar, and I still wonder why this happens occasionally. I had to re-render parts, but with such fast rendering it's not bothering me. Now just hope colors match a bit, as I didn't use GI cache.

Anyway, it looks pretty awesome, if I may say so myself. I could of course have rendered at 0.8 and 16 or so, but it's 'just' a backdrop anyway.
I can't wait to see it on the museumwall. Some minor postwork to be done. Here's a few details. I'll add some more later, if there's interest.

N-drju

Good job Ulco. As per GI cache, I once saved a cache file and then used it on four separate render crops. They did not match at all. ::) So it's a good solution, not always. Strange but true.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Kadri

Looks nice. I would like to see more.

bobbystahr

Impressive and great render times for that stunning detail...more crops please and thank you. I'll just bet your chomping on the bit to see the wall....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Yep, more would be nice.

Dune

Okay, some details of the people. I'd like to perfect those in the future, but I think it's not bad within the time given to finish this. The teal is post, and so is the fraying of the cloth.

bobbystahr

Well the cloth is great in my books...still kinda baby-faced folks but unless you're a PoserDAZ pro, getting character in them dolls is a bit of a chore. Never had any luck in my tries...guess I'm no good 'playing with dolls' as I started thinking of it, or just have a distaste for them from all my time Moderating on the Poser site renderosity. Wish I'd spent my first years in 3D learning soft organic modeling.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Indeed, considering the time frame and the fact that you are only one person doing
all of it it's definitely 'not bad'. And the next ones will be even better, I'm sure. :)

pclavett

Stunning work as always Ulco !
Paul

Dune

Okay, so the museum was officially opened yesterday. Here you have some images from the wall I did, before the masses came. The lighting from behind really makes it stand out and when you enter that very dark area it seems you have a view outside. Quite pleased again  ;)
Btw. the big stones are (replaced) remains of a burial mound found in the north of Holland.