Les vacances commencent

Started by Antoine, April 20, 2018, 01:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine

Hello,

An another scene. I continue to work on ground, here a shoreline.
Dead trees on the sides are done with The grove 3D. The bush with TPF1. Conifers are from Vizpark.
The mountains are done with World Machine.

David.

Dune

Wonderful scene! I love it. Very realistic and a great vista, with all those color nuances. Lots happening here.

N-drju

Vacances commencent? Oh, I wish... :-[
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

excellent shoreline sand ripples!
Fantastic image!

mhaze

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Antoine

WAS

Quote from: Antoine on April 20, 2018, 01:53:35 AM
Hello,

An another scene. I continue to work on ground, here a shoreline.
Dead trees on the sides are done with The grove 3D. The bush with TPF1. Conifers are from Vizpark.
The mountains are done with World Machine.

David.

Whatever man, we get it. You're good at Terragen.

:P :P

Seriously impressive work. The thumbnail had me immediately think this was a reference image but nope, that's some masterful TG work. Great job! The shoreline looks pretty good. Very reminiscent of temperate alpine lakes around here.

Dune

Is the beach procedural or an image projection?

otakar

Wow, what a render! Beautiful and interesting. Congrats!

Antoine

QuoteIs the beach procedural or an image projection?

It is made with several textures map with displacements. For the stones texture I should have added some more displacement as they look too flat.

David.

bobbystahr

As I look at the pic before I read about it I as well thought it was a reference pic...well done. re: The Grove, does it output .obj or does one have to convert from .lwo or some other output format?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Antoine

QuoteThe Grove, does it output .obj or does one have to convert from .lwo or some other output format?

As The Grove is a Blender plugin, it can export in several formats including obj but once exported the file can be big because it uses the particles system for the twigs.
It is better to export in fbx in an external 3d software (Modo 902 in my case) and then after some shader adjustments for the leaves, export in obj if you want to use it in Terragen. But once again with al the leaves the file can get very big in polygons amount.

David.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Antoine on April 22, 2018, 02:39:22 PM
QuoteThe Grove, does it output .obj or does one have to convert from .lwo or some other output format?

As The Grove is a Blender plugin, it can export in several formats including obj but once exported the file can be big because it uses the particles system for the twigs.
It is better to export in fbx in an external 3d software (Modo 902 in my case) and then after some shader adjustments for the leaves, export in obj if you want to use it in Terragen. But once again with al the leaves the file can get very big in polygons amount.

David.

Thanks David, I totally missed that it's a Blender plugin....guess I'll just keep saving for Speed Tree...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist