Starting over with Terragen

Started by pclavett, April 22, 2018, 10:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

Hi Guys
Have been away for a few years and contemplating when I was going to try this again.
A lot has happened in the last years as 2 years ago was told that I was likely in the early phases of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) ! Yeah....that changes the perspective on things!!!
Left my medical practice for retirement, travelled a lot while I was still able to.
Faith, it turns out, decided to give me a break and after 2 years of no progression in symptoms was told by my neurologist that I will likely have a more benign form of neuromuscular condition that may not affect my longevity !
Again this changes perspectives on things and now retired with some time to tinker with Terragen.
This is my first "new" work with a terrain done in WM, no postwork applied.
There were some curious linear pattern on the hills but a closer look show that they are in fact shadows of the trees that were laid there.
Still think that Terragen is an awesome and stable software handling unbelievable loads of instances.......... and still appreciate the Mac version guys !
Keep up the great work !
Have a great day guys !
Paul

bobbystahr

Wow, that must have been devastating but welcome back with your new lease on life...nice TG/WM restart man...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

Welcome back (in many ways)!  Lovely lighting with rich colors and textures, a really fine 'returning' image.

Kadri

Sorry to hear that but in the end it came out good as it looks.
Looks like this Terragen club of us is getting kind of older as it looks from your, mine and many of others posts about health etc.

I like the render. And nice to see you here again of course :)

archonforest

Very nice come back!!!! Looks great!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

Excellent combination of resources and valley floor to be envied. Great job!

Dune

Good to have you back, Paul. Take care of yourself and enjoy TG. Great re-entry by all means.

pclavett

Thanks fellas for the comments. I will make this file available in the Sharing section in the coming weeks, may help some newcomers.
Take care !
Paul

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Wow, so much change and difficulty for many in our community. But very glad to have you with us, whenever you can be! And what a return image! Fantastic texturing in my opinion.

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Dear Paul, I cross all my fingers for your health.
I could repeat what Oshyan said... hard times for so many.

But not to forget: A really great render!

Luc

Welcome back with a great picture  :)
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

ajcgi

That's a beauty of a hillside. A fresh picture for a fresh start. Welcome back.

Matt

Good to see you here again, Paul. Welcome back :)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hannes

Not much left to say! Good to have you back, Paul. And it's a fantastic image!!!