NWDA's CLIFF Theme Challenge WINNERS

Started by DannyG, April 23, 2018, 05:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

Hetzen

Well done everyone involved and worthy winners.

Looking forward to the next one.

luvsmuzik

Congratulations to the winners! A huge thanks to all participants. Very inspirational renders and definitely unique compositions.

DocCharly65

Congratulations to all the winners! And respect to all participants for all the great ideas!

otakar

Congrats to the winners and all participants, and of course NWDA and everyone that made it possible. I hope that participation was above expectations and will make it worthwhile to launch another contest before too long to keep everyone engaged.

Seth

Quote from: otakar on April 27, 2018, 06:28:06 PM
I hope that participation was above expectations

To be honest, no it was not. We had 27 entries for the Iceland contest, 3 years ago.
And 27 for that one.
So, considering there was a new version of Terragen and that the community should be bigger and bigger every year, we can't say that the participation was above expectations at all :/

I am talking about my expectations, and not officially for NWDA here.

Dune

I agree, outcome was pretty meagre regarding the fine tool TG is, the way Matt (et al) has developed it, and the prizes involved.

archonforest

Quote from: Seth on April 28, 2018, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: otakar on April 27, 2018, 06:28:06 PM
I hope that participation was above expectations

To be honest, no it was not. We had 27 entries for the Iceland contest, 3 years ago.
And 27 for that one.
So, considering there was a new version of Terragen and that the community should be bigger and bigger every year, we can't say that the participation was above expectations at all :/

I am talking about my expectations, and not officially for NWDA here.

I think it boils down again to the lack of Documentation. This situation definitely discourage a big percentage of new users. I remember when I started. I was very close to go with vue just because they have docs and I am not willing to spend weeks and weeks of my life to do trial and error. The lack of docs is an open wound that bleeds TG but since years PS is just not putting any bandage over it. If you want to sell for pro studios because they already know how to use it...well that is okay but very soon you will run out of studios and then you have to sell to the masses. Otherwise no income and the company stays a 2 man show forever and of course 2 man can do many things but not everything. To keep up with the rest and actually make it better than the rest of the softwares out there takes a full time job. So without a proper documentation nobody can sell to the masses unless the product is super simple and TG isn't falling into this category. So when the stats are showing that the user base is going down something needs to be done. A proper analysis to locate the correct why/reason and a good plan to handle it. Fast.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DannyG

My opinion is yes of course we want to see more actively both in the Forums as well as at NWDA & in the challenges. I am not going to get into what the reason could be or may be for the number of entries. I will say the amount of promotion/advertisement by NWDA before, during and after this contest far exceeded what was done previously and Iceland had a lot. That said I do think the overall quality, artistic & technical skills of this challenge far exceeded Roadside and Iceland. And this is not because of NWDA member involvement... I am referring to the contest as a whole .. the community. We had a lot of quality entries. Not one of us could have looked at the entries and picked the same top 3. The judges .. all Professional Terragen users had a very tough time with this for that very reason. My advice to anyone who wasn't happy with the turnout that didn't enter is .. Enter next time, for those who did enter thank you. I understand everyone is busy with "their lives" and of course things come up, the contest had a 3 month duration... in most cases that's plenty of time. That's my 2 cents and yes of course there will be another Terragen Challenge. 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

KlausK

A big THUMBS UP! to all the participants and to the winners especially! I really enjoyed watching the scenes evolve.
CHeers, Klaus.
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

J_Con

Congratulations to the winners, and well done to all involved.