Flood

Started by Dune, April 24, 2018, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I might get work where a flood is the main thing, so I did a little test. Very WIP. Animated even, breaking through the embankment/dike, but I won't use that right now.

Hannes

This looks very promising, Ulco. What's this regular bump pattern in the grey areas?

Dune

Ein Feld  ;) (Field rows)

Hannes

zaxxon

Woe unto you who live below the Sea's level! I too have lived below the levee (in the California Delta) and had a constant vision of the flood waters. Twice having the levees fail. A true and scary image Ulco.

N-drju

Quote from: zaxxon on April 24, 2018, 10:21:23 AM
A true and scary image Ulco.

Especially when you consider the size of human compared to the mass of water that goes through that levee. Should be terrifyingly real image when completed.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I hope so. It needs dirtying up for sure, and veggies. WIP 2.

DocCharly65

Scary image, Ulco! And the water looks great! Do you already have ideas how to build all the foam and water spraying around the edges?

Dune

Perhaps some low cloud will do, but post-painting is probably a lot easier. Anyway, this was just a proof of concept. I'll let it rest for now.

mhaze

Great Stuff! But the waters edge looks too solid.

pclavett

Nice effect on that one !
Not there yet with the waters !
Paul

René

The second already looks good. I'm also curious how you're going to solve the interaction of the wave with the ground; I have no idea what that actually looks like.
You have already animated it. What would it look like with a little (more?) motion blur. It could add dynamism.

Hannes

Wow, that water looks amazing in terms of shading! Hopefully you'll carry on with this one day. I'd love to see some more foam and spray. Postwork is a solution, but I'm quite sure it can be done in TG.

luvsmuzik

Ominus! I am sure you are going to supersaturate those fields at some point as there surely is at least a few puddles with water table that high, hmm?

WAS

Wow the mood here. Animated even? I'd be interested to see that chaos. Is the terrain going to be or is animated during the catastrophic failure?