Flood

Started by Dune, April 24, 2018, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

The water is animated to flood down, and the dike/embankment is animated to fall apart at the same time. You're obviously right about the land; it's way too dry and 'neat'. For now....

Dune

Updated, now by map instead of all sorts of complicated SSS's (except for the flooding animation-to-be).

WAS

Quote from: Dune on April 29, 2018, 01:17:59 AM
Updated, now by map instead of all sorts of complicated SSS's (except for the flooding animation-to-be).

Impressive. The mud and grass with the flooded puddles looks very nice. I enjoy the buildings as well. I was just looking for rustic old buildings like this but can only find more modern 17th-18th century style.

bobbystahr

Well that solved that...I as well prefer maps when it gets complicated....well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Huge puddles of water all over the fields are a nice addition. Perhaps you should keep darker sky? Looks more dramatic and "rainy" that way.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

mhaze

Great, a vast improvement.

Dune

The sky is temporary, but thanks for thinking along. I will prossibly add showers of rain, etc.

bobbystahr

Rain would be very effective...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Same series, but quite different. WIP's. I used Daniil's outstanding erosion shader to make the basic flowmap (had to work on it in PS a bit, and make it an X- tile), which needed to have large flows in one direction, and some braiding. The coastline is a broken up X to scalar edge.

WAS

Wow that's a really nice delta. Love the effect this creates. Man I really want get that plugin... I wasn't going to purchase it on account I use TG free, but really, I just want to fiddle with these higher res maps.

sboerner

Man, these really are nice. The folks along the dike in the first series are soon going to be in a world of hurt. The latest version of this is looking really good, the water flow pattern is very natural. Looking forward to seeing the animation.

Some time ago I read Michael Pye's excellent "The Edge of the World: A Cultural History of the North Sea and the Transformation of Europe," in which he describes (among many other things) the Frisians and their settlements among the delta areas of the North Sea coast. Would this be the time and place that you are illustrating?

Dune

Thanks. The plugin is really worth getting and no price really.

This is more about the southern part of the Netherlands and Belgium, and will encompass an extensive period of time, from Ice ages to medieval times. Not all from the same vantage point (some overviews, some close-ups), but illustrative for what happened in the water-land interaction. And again, I hope to do it all in TG.

Hannes

Amazing! Great use of Daniil's plugin.