World with Three Suns

Started by Chris-HB, April 24, 2018, 01:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris-HB

KOI-2626.01 ("Kepler object of interest") is an earth-sized planet in a system of three or even four small suns. It is thought to be warmer than Earth and is likely to be some kind of desert world.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1407.1057

Chris-HB

N-drju

Nice stuff, but requires a follow-up! :) Carry on with this idea.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Nice indeed. Great clouds and coulisse-like effect in the mountains.

WAS

This has a really nice color scheme for the atmosphere, I like it a lot.

It's ironic you posted this today on facebook just a few posts away from an article from Space.com about Binary star-systems possibly not able to support atmospheres on planets.

Chris-HB

Quote from: N-drju on April 24, 2018, 02:34:52 PM
Nice stuff, but requires a follow-up! :) Carry on with this idea.
Thank you  :) . I already have some ideas...

Quote from: Dune on April 25, 2018, 01:27:44 AM
Nice indeed. Great clouds and coulisse-like effect in the mountains.
Thank you  :)

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 25, 2018, 04:19:15 AM
This has a really nice color scheme for the atmosphere, I like it a lot.

It's ironic you posted this today on facebook just a few posts away from an article from Space.com about Binary star-systems possibly not able to support atmospheres on planets.
Thank you  :) . I have looked up the article on space.com. I agree that planets in orbit around several stars are unstable. However, the situation is different if the planet orbits only one of the stars in a multiple system, as it is the case in this scenario. Another example is Alpha Centauri. There are two stars in a widely spaced orbit and each individual star has zones were planets might find stable orbits. Viewed from such a planet, the second star would still be visible in the sky.

ajcgi

That is a lovely composition. 3 suns indeed. Greedy. :D

pclavett

Lovely sky and mood ! Great work !
Paul

J_Con

luvsmuzik

Nice image! Glad you made an image, that is some deep research in your link.  :)