Orbital Couds (Version 2)

Started by nvseal, September 29, 2007, 01:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

I reworked my orbital clouds scene with a new cloud layer and a different camera position -- and a higher resolution  ;D. I'm dissapointed about those strange lines though. :-\ Does anyone have any idea what is causing that.

dhavalmistry

oh very nice....too bad there are lines showing...although they look like crop likes......did you do the crops with this one????
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

nvseal

Quote from: dhavalmistry on September 29, 2007, 01:48:07 PM
oh very nice....too bad there are lines showing...although they look like crop likes......did you do the crops with this one????
Nope, this was rendered as a whole.

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

too bad for the line but the whole thing is really amazing !!!

Sethren

nvseal

Quote from: Sethren on September 29, 2007, 01:58:22 PM
Could it be a GI issue?     ???
I'm not sure, that's what I was wondering. I'm going to run some test later to see if that's the case.

rcallicotte

Yeah!  This is what I was talking about.  Great...except for the line.  I'm wondering if some new fractal weaknesses were introduced since the last update.  I'm pleased with it for the most part, but have seen a few things that have made me wonder.  Nice job, nvseal.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cyphyr

Thats darn near perfect, theres even a couple of thunder heads. Shame about the lines ...
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

old_blaggard

Those lines are most likely an acceleration cache issue.  If you send the file to me I can try rendering it with the latest alpha that has a couple of tweaks to the atmosphere which might get rid of them.  I would love to see this at higher resolution, and a tutorial describing the methodology behind this stuff.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

...yes, a tutorial would be nice.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

the more i look at it the more i think it's really a very good render!!!! it really looks like a real picture ! damn i luv'it !

nvseal

Thank you all for your comments. After looking at the file and running some test, I think the problem is a GI issue. I'm going to run one more test render then do a final. I'm hoping to try to make some kind of tutorial sometime but not until I have something that I think will be truly helpfull. Here is the real image which was the original inspiration for the render.

Lucio

Stunning. Just can't find better words to describe your work :)

old_blaggard

I honestly think that if the original didn't have lens flare I might not have known a difference.  I think you really, truly have stuff that would be helpful at this point, and a tutorial would be fantastic.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.