Starburst in animation test

Started by luvsmuzik, April 29, 2018, 01:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Terragen file share StarryStarry_Night by KlausK. I did a 50 frame short animation. Using Blender 2.79 I took my 50 frame render, set frame rate at 10. My purpose was to see how the burst would do in animation. WIP Critiques HELP and Comments welcome.

https://youtu.be/q9qf_3y0zaQ

DocCharly65

Nice effect.

The camera has a bit too much movement. For checking the effect it could help you not to try too much at the same scene at the same time.
I use the starburst sometimes just for flickering of starship engines but I only animate either the luminosity of the object I want to glow and flicker or I animate the strength of the light source if I use one.

My use is more gambling than professionalism but I often get quite good results. Go on testing :)

luvsmuzik

Thanks Doc
Agree on all points. The camera path editor is something I really miss. I see it in the preview and reach to select a point to move....ha....the good old days. I am learning though. I do not just think in my head...oh that should be....-2200, 800,5445....yet... :)

I could, I guess just move the lights....that is what I was used to rotating the whole hemisphere with an empty.