Sun from left....

Started by bobbystahr, May 01, 2018, 11:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...with boulders and veg....Just playing around. C&C if you wish.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Sure like that haze with the trees. That boulder on the right is sure interesting. Reminds me of oil but in rock form.

Dune

I can't add much more to this, it's really nice. Good grass cover, great light and clouds. Interesting placement of the trees and rocks, almost like a memorial place.

bobbystahr

Thanks all, the boulders are Photogrametry rocks from a site I found, maybe cubebrush?. The left one is a sandstone boulder with the materials it came with and the right one is a granite boulder but I used one of the granite.tgc files( maybe WASasquatch's?), I must have got here, instead of it's native texture and added a Reflection shader, perhaps a bit over done. The lovely free XFROG Crack Willow grove was intended a a backdrop for the rocks but those trunks added unexpected 'drama?'. Thanks to Dune for the excellent grass
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 01, 2018, 11:56:15 PM
Sure like that haze with the trees. That boulder on the right is sure interesting. Reminds me of oil but in rock form.

I think that may be a clip of granite from you from fairly recently on the 'oily' rock on the right with reflection added.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Great effects! You can actually see details of objects, reflections, and transparency with all those beautiful clouds. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 02, 2018, 11:32:16 AM
Great effects! You can actually see details of objects, reflections, and transparency with all those beautiful clouds. :)

Thanks, it did work out better than I expected....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Gotta add, the lighting really does wonders on the trunks and branches of the trees, they look really good to me for some reason, really jump out.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 02, 2018, 05:57:28 PM
Gotta add, the lighting really does wonders on the trunks and branches of the trees, they look really good to me for some reason, really jump out.

might be the AO setting of 3
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Sneaky Pete, why do we always forget this? ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 02, 2018, 07:30:16 PM
Sneaky Pete, why do we always forget this? ;D

well it requires going to another tab....that's why I sometimes forget