archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Dune

Yeah, works very well!

luvsmuzik

Great! :) :) :)

You know I love all your stuff. But I wonder if you know your mp4 stuff won't load on my Mac stuff. Does fine on Windows desktops, but 7Gig mini and phone they just relay "loading message"  I have waited up to 1/2 hour with no video. These devices have no problem with other videos, like hour long Youtube, Netflix, podcasts...etc...   I wonder if it is a variable codec for mp4. I have choices when I load the sequence frames to produce, do you?

Hannes

Strange. It's the H.264 codec. Good quality with not too large files.

luvsmuzik

hmmm...that is what I use too. Even tried copy/paste link in Safari and no good.  May try pasting to Google browser.

bobbystahr

***** for that for sure
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Interesting, there seem to be a bunch of tiny frames that change either every frame or at least very frequently, but then there are a few larger ones that change only a bit through the whole animation. Perhaps too big a variation in stone sizes or something?

- Oshyan

Hannes

Quote from: Oshyan on May 02, 2018, 09:32:05 PM
Interesting, there seem to be a bunch of tiny frames that change either every frame or at least very frequently, but then there are a few larger ones that change only a bit through the whole animation. Perhaps too big a variation in stone sizes or something?

- Oshyan

I think I know what you mean. Actually I have no idea why this happens, since there is only one layer of these fake stones, so no size variation. The fake stones layer is broken up by some power fractal.

Oshyan

Maybe it's something to do with the breakup? Is it 100% breakup, i.e. there are areas of "no stones" and areas of "full stones", or is it softer, like areas of "less stones" and "more stones"? If the latter, then the issue might make some sense, the more sparkly bits are ares of "less stones", I would guess.

- Oshyan

Hannes

This is how it looks. I'd say, it's a quite strong breakup (see image below). Maybe I'm wrong?

Oshyan

Relatively strong, yes. But it's only breaking up color... Also, what is the range on that Distance Shader, perhaps that has an effect? I guess what I would test next is to disable all masking/breakup and render 10-30 frames, just to see if the effect continues. Of course if you don't think it looks strange, then don't bother, it just stood out to my eye. :)

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Doesn't this have more to do with the speed of movement by camera relative to sunlight exposure. The beginning of animation moves from close ranges, and as the camera moves the sparkle effect continues as it should, doesn't it. Brightness seems to fade appropriately to me with camera motion.