Loosing ability to drag objects

Started by WAS, May 02, 2018, 02:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

For some reason lately, through working on a scene, suddenly I'll loose the ability to select and drag around objects. They just become unselectable. Does anyone know what causes this and how to recover? I've tried restarting Terragen.

Oshyan

Not sure, haven't seen this. Anyone else? Maybe a memory-related issue if you're still on that "mini" computer...

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on May 02, 2018, 09:27:09 PM
Not sure, haven't seen this. Anyone else? Maybe a memory-related issue if you're still on that "mini" computer...

- Oshyan

I'm not sure how the GUI is really that hooked into memory, and still, the system is minimum requirements for TG so it's not really good to blame the stick. It runs everything else fine within it's spec. If it is a issue with the system it may be something specific, execution sets, memory speed, something not listed in requirements or likely tested. The project only actively uses ~720mb in RAM, and about 2G peak during renders. Really small project actually.

That being said, I'm wondering if it's because of scale. Technically, I would be (my viewport) outside the background in a normal TG project. I had to bump up it's radius. Movement is relative to the scale, so wondering if the "center point" to select the object actually grows smaller despite the guide remaining the same size.

Oshyan

Oh, if you're outside the background sphere all bets are off. :D I assume you can *see* the objects? If not, you might want to try adjusting the clipping plane with the [ ] bracket keys.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on May 02, 2018, 09:41:16 PM
Oh, if you're outside the background sphere all bets are off. :D I assume you can *see* the objects? If not, you might want to try adjusting the clipping plane with the [ ] bracket keys.

- Oshyan

Didn't know about the clipping plane. I figured since I could see gray bumping the radius would put me back inside "space".