Voronoi rock

Started by René, May 04, 2018, 07:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks René. Interestingly 'simple'. I have been working with smooth steps and variable high or low colors/scalars (instead of constant scalars), which is interesting too.

This voronoi is simply a get position in texture, a constant scalar for size, another one possibly for seed, and a voronoi diff scalar, after  that you can do whatever you like with color adjusts, warping, merging, etc.

archonforest

Yeah I am turning on and off nodes and rendering versions like that to understand how it works.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

SILENCER

alter 2e 0.41.jpg

That's the ticket right there.
I'm digging the moss texture as well. Looks fabulous. Light is right, all of it.

mhaze

Nice work ! and an interesting visual tutorial. Have you played with stretching?

René

Quote from: mhaze on May 09, 2018, 05:14:24 AM
Nice work ! and an interesting visual tutorial. Have you played with stretching?

I have, but not in this image. Merging two stretched(horizontally and vertically) Voronoi shaders give very nice results too.

mhaze

How on earth did you get the merge result in your tut?  I've tried every variation I can think of and I can't even get close!

Dune

Screen by input, is what I did.

Luc

Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

René

This is the Voronoi setup I used, it is quite simple. The quality is highly dependent on the underlying terrain. The terrain should not have too much roughness and definition, the less, the better.

René

Needs more variation, both in shape and colour.

leafada

Dune

Again a great setup!

mhaze

Great Stuff, I like the richness of your colours.

mhaze

Just looked at your .tgc, brilliant! not sure why it works so well but I'll work it out.