Voronoi rock

Started by René, May 04, 2018, 07:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

One more.

archonforest

This is the best rock surface I ever seen on TG! Stunning work.
You should really do some basic teaching on rocks. I'll pay for it for sure.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Stormlord

Very good!!!
This is really outstanding so far!!!

STORMLORD

bobbystahr

very nice progression...big LIKE
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: René on May 07, 2018, 10:17:53 AM
Another iteration. There are some displacements going wrong center top, and there's probably too much gloss.

This reminds me of the terrain in those cartoony like games like Team Fortress, Fortnite, Paladin, and Overwatch and stuff. Looks very pleasing to the eyes.

Edit: The last preview looking directly at the stone actually reminds me of Tomb Raider I am playing currently. Climbing a lot of walls. Haha.

Dune

Super work, René. Once in a while (if time permits) I get inspired enough to try getting similar stuff out of TG. This is another one of those....

René

Quote from: archonforest on May 07, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

Thank you! I've used the merge shader and colour adust a lot. Basically, it is one Voronoi setup with several derivatives. For the rest, it is actually a lot of trial and error.

WAS

Quote from: René on May 08, 2018, 04:58:28 AM

Thank you! I've used the merge shader and colour adust a lot. Basically, it is one Voronoi setup with several derivatives. For the rest, it is actually a lot of trial and error.

Colour Adjust Shader, Merge Shader (and it's overlay settings), and Warp Shader are serious friends in TG. Difference overlay is fun to play with when adjusting colours for merging and displacement.

I need to return to Lateral displacement again. I just get turned off by limited detail. I've been having fun with atmosphere stuff because the lack of polygons isn't as noticeable.

archonforest

Thank you for the picture. How did u get the pattern that is on the first screenshot? Guess it is not a PF with voronoi noise. I tried that and nothing similar happened. Or its some blue node set up?

luvsmuzik

thanks Rene! The mysteries begin to unravel. I get started and then do not know where  to go after I reach a certain point .  We get used to a point and click option for displacement with no clue how it was made.  :)

Quote from: archonforest on May 08, 2018, 07:36:19 AM

Thank you for the picture. How did u get the pattern that is on the first screenshot? Guess it is not a PF with voronoi noise. I tried that and nothing similar happened. Or its some blue node set up?

There are several...voronoi cracks tgc floating around, here is dandel0's contribution link https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,8849.msg94774.html#msg94774

René

It's not the Voronoi power fractal but a blue node set-up. Like luvsmuzik said, on the forum are several examples. If you don't know blue nodes (like me), with a bit of tinkering you'll get an idea what it does.

archonforest

Thx guys. I will cut up Dandelo's file I guess. This also got blue ones.  :(   
Math teachers should tell kids in school that math actually useful in 3D then I am sure more people would be interested. Nobody told me this before and of course my attention went somewhere else in school.  >:(

bobbystahr

Thanks for the visual tute René
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: archonforest on May 08, 2018, 08:46:09 AM
Thx guys. I will cut up Dandelo's file I guess. This also got blue ones.  :(   
Math teachers should tell kids in school that math actually useful in 3D then I am sure more people would be interested. Nobody told me this before and of course my attention went somewhere else in school.  >:(

If you have AP's 100 functions....#17 is voronoi cracks also. You can use either side of dandel0's , just dissect at the merge, if I recall without looking. Pretty sure he labeled sizes.