Plan A doesn't work, Plan B doesn't work! Can't get a terrain in Terragen?

Started by CG MANIA, May 08, 2018, 05:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CG MANIA

Big terrain in World Machine, really big. Tiles exported and ready for use BUT ...
Plan A: import tiles in Terragen, no clue, there isn't a way to do it. And even manually I get seams (see earlier post). So it doesn't work
Plan B: Take the tiles from World Machine to photoshop, manually stitch them together and export one big image file. BUT... when I import it in Terragen it is minuscule, tiny, ridiculously small compared to the existing mountains by default in Terragen. And I CANNOT CHANGE THE SIZE of the heightfield. Can I?
To solve the size problem, you can import .ter files. BUT listen, you can't stitch .ter files in photoshop, so which ever way you go about it you are STUCK.

Any idea how to get out of this situation?

WAS

Forgive me, but what's wrong with manual georeferencing?

CG MANIA

I've tried it, but everytime I check the georeference, the rectangle of the second tiles become huge, and I cannot bring it back to "reasonable size".
How does it work?
I attach two tiles x0y0 should be left of x1y0. Any idea how to make it work?

WAS

Quote from: CG MANIA on May 08, 2018, 06:54:46 PM
I've tried it, but everytime I check the georeference, the rectangle of the second tiles become huge, and I cannot bring it back to "reasonable size".
How does it work?
I attach two tiles x0y0 should be left of x1y0. Any idea how to make it work?

They seem to work fine. You need to translate your x1y0 tile with the heightfield shader. It even provides nice stitching.

The seam you may have saw seems to be an artifact in your heightfield, not the borders or stitching. The border in this example are vertical in the center. The horizontal seam is from the heightfield.

The X offset is guessed here, and probably not exact. You can easily play with the stitching settings for a better blend.