A Nice Island from....

Started by bobbystahr, May 09, 2018, 09:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

A SS shader and a Frac Warp with a bit of Strata. MrLamppost's long grass 5 and a couple of XFROG freebies.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

A BIG LIKE! I love the water very very much. Good one!

bobbystahr

Thanks luvs and Kadri...was another successful doodle I guess.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Waves are very nice indeed. How high did you set the roughness? There's a few things you can do if you like to pursue this one. Foam on wavetops (by altitude, e.g.) and foam around the island (use the SSS with a color adjust, if it's a bit of a soft SSS that is, otherwise copy and make that a softer one). Also get the existing foam more in distinct wind driven stripes, or patches, not so many like now.

mhaze

This has real potential, so keep working on it. Apart from refining the sea some more veg variety would be great.

Lady of the Lake

This is great.  Hope you keep refining it.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on May 10, 2018, 01:12:27 AM
Also get the existing foam more in distinct wind driven stripes, or patches, not so many like now.

It'd be cool if the wind patch effect could be isolated (maps or something). Though foaming is a bit more random than just wind, and is only gather by caustics as water is pushed together to create peaks. This can be by wind or just water caustics from currents. For example, caustics created by hard currents pushing up the water creating those hard peaks in his scene would likely create foam as the peaks fell. Both by wind, and water swirling/rolling pulling oxygen in (like water in cup you can slosh)

Great example is water on the beach. Oxygen is pulled into the sand every time water drains through it, and when water rolls back over, it produces a bunch of foam. Beach foam.

Dune

If you add foam to the wavetops, which is easy, you could add a little warp to offset the regularity, though you'd have to use a separate line to get the tops in the first place. Wind effect can be hand-adjusted if you use a surface shader with smoothing by fractal, or whatever.
Doing some adjustments on Bobby's file as we speak.

bobbystahr

Dune fixed the water all perfect...here's a hi res final...many thanks Ulco, I learned a lot looking at that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

You're most welcome, Bobby. Looks great. I like the milkiness of the water, btw. Reminds me of this painting.