Failing Core?

Started by WAS, May 10, 2018, 01:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Weird behavior I've been having in renders all day. One of the 4 cells renders at least 10x slower than the other 3. I've restarted and restarted terragen. It's increased render times too. Like my galaxy which takes about 2 minutes to render, now 6. Really stranger. Is one of my cores perhaps failing? You'd think it'd either be alive or dead as far as instructions and errors.

The cell on the right started loading when three cells were still at work on the row above. Now those 3 cells at work, have almost finished the scene (in fact 1 has finished) while the 4th works at a much slower rate.

Edit: I haven't noticed this on other renders, but did notice on this one (second screenshot), once one of the "last" cells finished, and was freed up, it doesn't seem to have added it's AA pass which smooths over the pink lighting in the other cells once done rendering. Seems to happened to another cell to the right as well.

Think I may have cooked this little stick. :(

Kadri

I doubt it. Happens on my scenes too. depends on the scene,displacement, water, POV of the camera etc. mostly.
Lately one of my rock scenes had it. I changed the POV just a little and it rendered much faster then just by accident.
Still it is possible maybe but i haven't seen or heard anything like that before.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on May 10, 2018, 01:52:26 AM

I doubt it. Happens on my scenes too. depends on the scene,displacement, water, POV of the camera etc. mostly.
Lately one of my rock scenes had it. I changed the POV just a little and it rendered much faster then just by accident.
Still it is possible maybe but i haven't seen or heard anything like that before.

I wonder if it's because I had my displacement surfaces disabled, but had a computer terrain, and than subtle displacement in the snow. Re-rendering with mountains.

I also have been zooming out a lot due to POV issues with getting terrain in sky shots.