Quick search node like Houdini ?

Started by bsm3d, May 14, 2018, 05:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsm3d

Hello all,

Maybe that's exist but not found...is there a quick search key like TAB-key in Houdini to display and quickly search node ?

If that's don't exist, I think it's really easy to add and save life when working on nodes...

Best regards,

PS : Thrilling for VDB and Post Process  :P :-*

ajcgi

bsm3d

Thanks for reply !

Yes I know TAB, I'am asking that because as I'm from Houdini I like the way I can press TAB and as writing the node I search Houdini bring me realtime list of nodes, in TG4 it's a bit different, as TG don't show near node but scroll inside a list of nodes :)

Of course TG4 nodes list with favorites etc is ok for me ;)

Maybe it's a bug or not but on my TG4 my nodes list is truncate.

Thanks again ;)

Matt

Although it's not exactly the same visually, immediately after hitting Tab you can start typing in the Quick Node Palette and it will find and select the first item that matches what you type (this works just like it does with any list in Windows). When you press Enter the node is created and the Quick Node Palette is dismissed. If you mistype, you can hit Backspace once and start typing again.

For more advanced searches you can use the search field at the bottom, but most of the time you can simply type into the list as soon as it opens.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bsm3d

Thanks Matt for reply,

and for the truncated list names ?

Oshyan

Quote from: bsm3d on May 15, 2018, 01:39:17 PM
Thanks Matt for reply,

and for the truncated list names ?

Strange, I don't see this on my side. Are you using a non-standard text size/scaling in Windows?

- Oshyan

bsm3d

Windows 10 (outch :p ) Scaling 125%

Oshyan

Mm, yeah I would guess that is the culprit. Unfortunately Terragen does not always handle UI scaling well at present. I don't know if this can be fixed currently, but we'll move to a new UI system at some point and that will help, I think (along with dark theme and other things).

- Oshyan

bsm3d

ok, it's probalby DPI scaling... at this time a lots of softwares don't support HiDPI in Windows, well we are in a turn...

ohhh yes I'm waiting for the Dark Theme (thanks for my eyes :) )