Default scene

Started by Hannes, May 15, 2018, 03:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Here is a modified version of the default scene. I use to change some things each time I start TG, so I put all this in to make it easier (at least for me).
I added some terrain shading, a real scale gravel field (a contribution by someone in the forum, don't know, who he was, sorry!!) masked by a distance shader, disabled Defer atmo/cloud and motion blur (I only enable it for the final renders) and added a population of cards with the size of an average human to get a correct impression of scale.
Additionally I used the Cubic B-Spline (Soft) pixel filter instead of the Narrow cubic, which looks a bit more natural to me.

Maybe this is useful for someone, especially newbies who don't know yet the basics of shading. I added some stuff to the original scene, but in my opinion it's easier to delete things you don't need, than searching and adding stuff.

If you want to use it as your default scene, change whatever you like, save it somewhere and follow these instructions:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24478.msg248673.html#msg248673

Dune

Good idea actually. I always start from the default default scene, but have to add lots of stuff. Usually quite the same nodes, so it might be handy to make a default scene that has a lot of loose nodes, eagerly waiting to be used.

Kadri

Scenes from Alpha testers are always good to see ;)

WAS

Interesting I get an warning about b-box for a SSS shader? Weird.

Giving this default seen a render to check it out. I haven't used a [custom] default scene in a few years.

Question: What is the card population for?

Dune

Hannes is also an alphatester and we have the latest builds to test, which might differ slightly. So never mind the warning.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on May 19, 2018, 03:21:40 PM
Hannes is also an alphatester and we have the latest builds to test, which might differ slightly. So never mind the warning.

Oooh, that makes sense.

KlausK

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

;D They will keep you enthusiastic, if all fails.

Hannes

Quote from: Hannes on May 15, 2018, 03:41:50 AM
...and added a population of cards with the size of an average human to get a correct impression of scale.

...sorry for the warning. Unfortunately all other versions of TG were overwritten, so I only have the latest build.

J_Con

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

mhaze

Thanks Hannes, Iv'e started using this as my default! Though I will modify it as I go along to suit my needs it's a great start.

RichTwo

Just now downloaded the .tgd - It's a great starter!  Thanks so much!
They're all wasted!

Hannes

Glad you like it. It takes a little longer to load, but at least there are some basic things already there.