Girl at the Fountain

Started by bobbystahr, May 18, 2018, 10:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

A fountain I'd been working on the textues for a while and a spray I seem to recall adapting from an online mesh or maybe from some one here, there's no readme; once again sigh. The tree is fro 3D EXPORT, here:
https://3dexport.com/free-3dmodel-thuja-01-196466.htm?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=free_items_106&utm_content=free106
the girl from one of those sites with no readme either and Dunes grass04
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 18, 2018, 10:18:27 PM
A fountain I'd been working on the textues for a while and a spray I seem to recall adapting from an online mesh or maybe from some one here, there's no readme; once again sigh. The tree is fro 3D EXPORT, here:
https://3dexport.com/free-3dmodel-thuja-01-196466.htm?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=free_items_106&utm_content=free106
the girl from one of those sites with no readme either and Dunes grass04

Very nice, the lighting works really well with the model of the girl and fountain. Is that water part of the object or procedural? It has me confused. The grass rolls very nicely. It just works well, should try and save that density shader haha.

Hannes

Very moody! Looks great. The grass is very natural. And the girl's skin shader is quite good!

mhaze

Wish it was my back garden! well done!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 19, 2018, 05:16:47 AM
Very moody! Looks great. The grass is very natural. And the girl's skin shader is quite good!

Thanks...and pure luck that Hannes, she came completely shaded and posed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

@WAS, hee hee hee re: density shader. the spray is a separate model as is the masked plane water in the pool..all procedurally textured with an image map involved in masking the spray.
@mhaze...thanks very much
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Well done! Good to see this flowing water sparkling! :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 19, 2018, 10:57:03 AM
Well done! Good to see this flowing water sparkling! :)

Thanks very much fellow fountaineer
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Really cool and beautiful! Like all of it, the grass, the trees, the water, the whole mood... and of course the girl :)

bobbystahr

For those interested here's a link but it's now for sale($39.00) not free like when I got the link from these folks.
Not really a deal as it's a static pose but was O K for free.

https://cubebrush.co/3dcap/products/7pg8lw#
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Ogre

Hey Bobby,

Looks great!  I come by fairly infrequently these days and I love how the quality your work has grown over the years.  Cheers.

I believe that was another of my models.  https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,3359.msg34499.html#msg34499.

I think I like your texture better!

Chris

"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

sboerner

What goes around comes around. Nice work, Bobby. The backlighting works well, very photographic.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Ogre on June 08, 2018, 03:49:43 PM
Hey Bobby,

Looks great!  I come by fairly infrequently these days and I love how the quality your work has grown over the years.  Cheers.

I believe that was another of my models.  https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,3359.msg34499.html#msg34499.

I think I like your texture better!

Chris

yup, was a .tgo IIRC, was there a readme file with your name? that's how I remember where I got what. I'll retitle the folder now though.
I built my own water though, years ago in Imagine3D actually, before TG came of age.

You should re post that here man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Looks very nice!  Not sure how long it took to render, but if not too long it would be cool to see a few variations with different perimeter trees/tall bushes etc.  The grass, lighting and water look really amazing!

Derek

bobbystahr

At the urging of D. A. Bentley I took another stab at this with a slightly different result but there were to my eyes glarinerrors in execution on my part, mis aligned SS shader masks, and I really didn't like the tree although it performed well for the camera but was way out of scale. Here it's replaced with Walli's Poplar tree. the stone path went south on me so this is a W I P, only a 2 hour rerender. Will run that while I'm at the chiropractor's tomorrow.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New