Just some grass.

Started by J_Con, May 22, 2018, 04:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Con

Hi All. These are test renders but i like them.
There are four grass models and two flowers used, built in various programs.
Could maybe use more leafy weeds.
Apologies for not posting more on this forum,but time/life and all that. :p
C and C welcome.

Oshyan

Nice variety and fairly natural distribution, I think. In the 2nd image it seems like perhaps even more density is needed in the distance though. And I think a bit more height variation might also be good. Not major changes, just fine tuning, as you've got a pretty realistic result already.

- Oshyan

WAS

Very nice grass mix. Looks very nice. I concur with Oshyan on the distribution in the distance.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

Good Mix, great realism!!

J_Con

Thank you for the comments..I will add the changes mentioned.

Dune

Great field of grass, very natural indeed. Did you build them yourself?

J_Con

Thanks Dune.
Yes, I started with the colors, I built maybe twenty or thirty 512*64px colour maps of various greens/yellows and browns. (I had maybe five of these already from a grass file I downloaded a long time ago). I then went to TurboSquid and searched for grasses, picked out a few I liked and copied them. (Was easier than searching google for real images). The color maps are very convenient, as they can stretch in the vertical for stems, or with an opacity map placed under them can become thin leaves.

DocCharly65

Really realistic. Great!

DannyG

Very nice distribution
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

I agree, very natural looking distribution...well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Very interesting approach. I haven't played much with turbo squid grasses, I felt they looked low quality. This proves that wrong.

Though I do have one input, the variegated maps seem mixed with striped. "Striped" plants are Variegated. With bladed grasses and shrubs with elongated straight leafs, it shows up as lines, with leaflets with internal webbing, it ends up patchy. Currently what's marked variegated seems more like a stressed plant.

J_Con

Thanks guys for the positive feedback.
WASasquatch, I did not know the difference between stripes/variegated....duly noted.I also spelt it wrong it would seem :D
I didn't use the plants from TurboSquid, i just built copies of them. Nice clean reference pictures at TurboSquid. :P

WAS

Quote from: J_Con on May 23, 2018, 10:03:53 PM
Thanks guys for the positive feedback.
WASasquatch, I did not know the difference between stripes/variegated....duly noted.I also spelt it wrong it would seem :D
I didn't use the plants from TurboSquid, i just built copies of them. Nice clean reference pictures at TurboSquid. :P

Oh I see! You used the nice expensive oibjects for reference? They are nice! Sorry about the plant input, that's my gardener side haha. I do probiotic all natural gardening.

The flowers here work really well with the grasses. They don't stand at like some flower models do.