all pbr models used....

Started by bobbystahr, May 27, 2018, 05:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...in this image from sketchfab and are CC Attributed; the main image feature lower left is Sydney Scroggie Memorial, Baluderon Hill, Sidlaw Hills and from a google search should be a hilltop  memorial, oh well. I will update the names of the models and the authors later. If they're so sticky about that they could at least add a readme file like polite folk do when the want recognition...sigh...rant off

Curious feature, as I often use cyphyr's voroni storm cloud as a start for 'moody' that where these started but the mountain you see sticking out of the clouds is in fact clouds as there is no corresponding geometry....imagine my surprise...

Eidsborg stavkirke by Telemark fylkeskommune

Dolmen de la Pedra Gentil by Raúl Balsera Moraño.

Sydney Scroggie Cairn, Sidlaw Hills, Nr Dundee by Dundee Howff Conservation Group.

Big Brick Wall by 3dhdscan

Construction Site Rubble
Fahad Alneama

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Light, pov and models are great, but the grass sucks  :P Add a lot of other grassy, (subdued) flowery models and it'll be a great render!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 28, 2018, 01:39:13 AM
Light, pov and models are great, but the grass sucks  :P Add a lot of other grassy, (subdued) flowery models and it'll be a great render!

I guess what happened is I was paying attention to the pbr s and not the whole scene...will work on that after I see my chiropractor today.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

2 grasses and 2 wildflower pops plus I removed the Ambient occlusion from the render tab and upped the exposure a tad to make the ground more visible. raised the res to AA8 mpD.6
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Much, much, much better indeed! Very nice. That's a really detailed-looking structure. I will say the lighting looks a bit odd in places now, for example the rock structure in the back appears to be illuminated from somewhere, in a way that is not necessarily the same in the rest of the scene. But overall this is great. Very moody, detailed.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Nice.
I like this. Especially the lighting.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on May 28, 2018, 09:32:30 PM
Much, much, much better indeed! Very nice. That's a really detailed-looking structure. I will say the lighting looks a bit odd in places now, for example the rock structure in the back appears to be illuminated from somewhere, in a way that is not necessarily the same in the rest of the scene. But overall this is great. Very moody, detailed.

- Oshyan

Thanks and as it was primarily a test of the quality of pbr models I think it was successful. I as well was a bit put off with the lighting and will try another solution closer to the first i think.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on May 28, 2018, 09:49:26 PM

Nice.
I like this. Especially the lighting.

Thanks Kadri, version 3 is likely soon...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Grass does look much better.
Curious - what is purpose of those boards leaning up against the left side of building?

Dune

That's much better. The only thing bothering me now is the sky to the right of the church. A bit strange colors (sorry, Bobby) and structures. But a different seed may change the whole thing....

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on May 29, 2018, 12:45:05 AM

Curious - what is purpose of those boards leaning up against the left side of building?

Dunno, they came attached to the model.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 29, 2018, 01:15:07 AM
That's much better. The only thing bothering me now is the sky to the right of the church. A bit strange colors (sorry, Bobby) and structures. But a different seed may change the whole thing....

they came with Richard's cloud/atmo network and I hesitate to go tweak that as I have no idea what is what in it....so I guess if it can't be Photoshopped it'll have to stay. Also if I tweak anything in it I'm likely to lose the 'cloud mountain' that appears in the sky on the right...

and damn it all I had a render running overnight and in a dumb moment I just hit render instead of save and have to do it all over again..sigh
got semi brave and tried a tweak on the colour adjust node but only got worse, didn't save that.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

here is a video  that was likely involved in the making of the pbr model unless thy has a drone camera

https://youtu.be/zI3N0GXS_rI
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

This may be my favorite scene by you Bobby, the detail and lighting is really well done. It just looks very realistic. The grass is so much better now, especially in the background near the henge, and the lighting glow on the henge itself is amazing looking.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 29, 2018, 12:38:36 PM
This may be my favorite scene by you Bobby, the detail and lighting is really well done. It just looks very realistic. The grass is so much better now, especially in the background near the henge, and the lighting glow on the henge itself is amazing looking.

Thanks WAS, I think another render is coming as I adjusted some stuff too much and the last one feels a bit washed out in areas...If I fix that it'll be the final but also, I do like the last one a lot so would be happy to stop there.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New