File share objects
Coniferous Pine mature
Generic tree preset
Mr.Lampost's long grass 08
Mudhut Hetzen
lilypad so old I do not remember, probably tgo freebie
Wheat (tgo freebie too)

J_Con

Nice.Foreground grass looks a little uniform but background foliage looks quite random. Nice composition, looks a little Dune-esk. :P

luvsmuzik

Thanks J_Con!

Thickened up the grass, added EZ cumulus @90 voxels. Soft shadows enabled.
I need to make some cat tail reeds.

WAS

The mask makes a nice looking muddy pond effect, nicely done. Did you do the mask in paint shop?

DannyG

Water is a bit rough for a small pond IMO. I do like the set up very much
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Nice setup indeed, but I do have some comments (if you like them or not  ;)). The light seems very dull somehow, lacking highlighted areas, just like you do something to the basic atmo. Front grass may have some more species indeed, would make it much better.
And as an aside; you can use a SSS and warp it quite considerably, but with not too small smallest size and/or a reduced color roughness. That way you can make masks like the one you painted. Or funny stuff like this setup.

masonspappy

Very nice image indeed!
Agree with others about the grass.
Also, the rest of the image is so nicely done that it sort of emphasizes the hut's lack of detail.

ajcgi

Excellent! That 'hut' strikes me as an ideal hide wouldn't you say? Possibly a bit chunky though.
Here's a pic from a while back of me hiding in plain sight.

[attach=1]

bobbystahr

Agree with Dune, re: lighting maybe up the exposure with the slider on the 3D review window as Matt reminded me a few weeks back. I tended to ignore that valuable slider.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

oh wow! Thanks all!
Endless working on that grass. I will vary the scale on the long and pack another one or two in there. I have done some translucency and highlight, but there is a lot of green there.
@Dune  A crit from anyone always welcome, that is how I learn and hopefully improve.  ;) Thanks for that share!
@WASasquatch I think the mask is just an alpha render of some old height field ages ago.
@ajgci I think I intended the hut to be like a duck hunter shack, so kudos for your disquise!
@masonspappy OOPS! Forgot to mention your grass file share is back there under the trees! Thanks again!
@bobbystahr  I think I am missing this slider...I will check it out. It may be with surface layer 1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1 ;D

Lighting maybe related to haze level. I tried to do an early morning or late evening low light misty look. I may have to try a low cloud layer instead. Hard to do when you want to see highlights on stuff. I will keep at it.

Made and added some cat tail reeds.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 31, 2018, 10:15:24 AM
oh wow! Thanks all!

@bobbystahr  I think I am missing this slider...I will check it out. It may be with surface layer 1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1_1 ;D

Lighting maybe related to haze level. I tried to do an early morning or late evening low light misty look. I may have to try a low cloud layer instead. Hard to do when you want to see highlights on stuff. I will keep at it.

you must have this LUVS....pretty sure it's been there since I used the free version
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 31, 2018, 12:42:43 PM
oh wow! Thanks all!

you must have this LUVS....pretty sure it's been there since I used the free version

WELL....don't I learn something new everyday.  :)  THANKS AGAIN!

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on May 31, 2018, 12:42:43 PM
oh wow! Thanks all!

I stared at that for a long moment wondering why I never tried clicking on it, or really ever taking note of it. Thanks for the information ya'll, very informative.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New