Fractal Warp Issue

Started by WAS, June 01, 2018, 06:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I'm creating cracks for my asphalt, but I notice in the render, cracks are straight, and don't have their fractal warp effect beyond terrain displacement.

ajcgi

Have you tried using a redirect shader instead?
Something like this handily placed set of nodes in my current scene? I think this is DandelO's set up from yonks ago.

[attachimg=1]

WAS

Quote from: ajcgi on June 01, 2018, 07:24:31 AM
Have you tried using a redirect shader instead?
Something like this handily placed set of nodes in my current scene? I think this is DandelO's set up from yonks ago.

[attachimg=1]

Looks like Dune's cracks warping. I hadn't used it, no, just finding it odd the Fractal Warp shader isn't working in this instance. Will give that a go. My issue with redirect is on small scales it tends to create a zig-zag effect on 45 degree angle (displacement warping alternating between X and Z). Otherwise kinda gotta go larger scales which don't give all cracks waves.

Additionally I may have discovered this issue I am having is only present on a sphere object, not the planet with a computer terrain and whatever else goes into a planets surface that may not be identical to a sphere/cube.

Dune

Or normal warp with a vector displacement setup for more control.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on June 02, 2018, 01:50:10 AM
Or normal warp with a vector displacement setup for more control.

May work better in this instances, though ironically, it has the same issue, but on the Y axis on a 45 degree angle. Lol At least with different details on different seeds.