Mountains w.i.p.

Started by René, June 01, 2018, 12:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

Thanks Dune. I have only one distribution shader for all types of trees. There are indeed a few species that react differently to the slope settings, probably because of the difference in base width, so I have to use a separate distribution shader for those. Making masks in PS is an excellent idea, why didn't I think about that. :)

luvsmuzik

Am I missing a methodology ....or, other than painted shaders and distribution shaders for object distribution, is there a way to export a terrain bmp top view like in the old days?
I know many use color adjust with the RGB distribution for displacements, could you do the same for objects? Your multi-color image made me think of RGB distribution Rene.

These renders are just awesome Rene.

Kadri

René this looks already great really.
There is just a look that feels a little too much to me. Do you have too high translucency or such on the plants?

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 07, 2018, 09:46:11 AM
Am I missing a methodology ....or, other than painted shaders and distribution shaders for object distribution, is there a way to export a terrain bmp top view like in the old days?
I know many use color adjust with the RGB distribution for displacements, could you do the same for objects? Your multi-color image made me think of RGB distribution Rene.

make your camera ortho, and I went to the top view and selected my area in a square render format and saved that to my render camera and got the result you see.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 07, 2018, 03:26:56 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 07, 2018, 09:46:11 AM

make your camera ortho, and I went to the top view and selected my area in a square render format and saved that to my render camera and got the result you see.

Unbelievable.....all these years and never opened that node....sheesh!  THANK YOU!

WAS

Hope you don't mind... was playing around with my actions for photorealism, and wanted to see how it looked on a scene that may already have post processing, and that was already somewhat bright. Turns out my suspicions were correct and a lot of masking is needing for skies that are too bright, but other than that the effect doesn't seem to need any adjusting on the details of the vegetation.

René

I try as much as possible to adjust contrast and gamma in Terragen, which I find easier than doing postwork in Photoshop.

WAS

Quote from: René on June 16, 2018, 06:25:01 AM
I try as much as possible to adjust contrast and gamma in Terragen, which I find easier than doing postwork in Photoshop.

I have wanted to but TG contrast lacks brightness control for colour burning. Just get the contrast and gamma unless you adjust all lighting intensities and settings with contrast and gamma, so I made his quick action to just hit play on and do minor cleanup on results. That post processing on your image took like 40 seconds. I shared the action in file sharing.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

René

Is it normal that every time I render after making a change to the clouds settings, all vegetation starts to populate again? I currently have 7 species spread over an area of 4 square kilometers, which takes a lot of time to populate.
I do as many test renders as possible without vegetation, but I've now reached a point where I can't do that anymore because the interaction between atmosphere and trees is important.

WAS

Quote from: René on June 20, 2018, 11:46:34 AM
Is it normal that every time I render after making a change to the clouds settings, all vegetation starts to populate again? I currently have 7 species spread over an area of 4 square kilometers, which takes a lot of time to populate.
I do as many test renders as possible without vegetation, but I've now reached a point where I can't do that anymore because the interaction between atmosphere and trees is important.

I think newer v3 clouds haven't been adjusted not to tell populations there is a change. I mentioned this just recently in support or discussion I believe. Or just clouds in general. Maybe you can save the pop and load it after a cloud change? Haven't tried.

bobbystahr

Rene, I'm assuming you cache each population as you make it....I've not had that problem with cached pops.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Was able to look at this on my desktop (commented on my phone earlier).

The new image looks really good. Can imagine how humid that day would be, but how nice that cool rain would feel.

Dune

They repopulate indeed (I don't know why), so what Bobby says is the best; use cached pops.

DannyG

The darker atm is really adding to the mood
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram