Feature Request - Atmosphere Sun Vibrancy

Started by WAS, June 01, 2018, 03:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: pokoy on June 06, 2018, 07:20:57 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on June 05, 2018, 05:48:28 PM
It would be really cool to have a tone map and curve map in the filter settings. A lot can be done right in TG with those two features without post work. You can also get them to work nicely with your scene as apposed to a hard pixel manipulation in PS that often causes colour burning and ribbon-ing on gradients.
Better yet, what if all post production options were moved to the frame buffer, quickly accessible in a sidebar and update immediately upon changes of a parameter without the need to rerender? That's a feature I'd love to see, just like a lot of renderers do it already.

Indeed though if I am not mistaken that's just post processing filters on the final, no? Which again could lead to ribboning and burning due to it being pixel based?

pokoy

If you mean banding - no, since TG internally uses 32 bits per pixel for image output, all data is there at any time and the post production options just change how they're displayed. The cool thing is that by using different color temperatures, tone curves, contrast etc. you can quickly turn colors towards a violet sunset - just as an example - without having to render, save, open in PS, go back to TG, change settings, render, save etc. It saves a lot of time that way and is super nice to have as a creative tool. It's probably a fair amount of work but it's really a standard for most render engines already.

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on June 07, 2018, 09:42:52 PM
This is in the Plan for 2018 :) https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24058.0.html

Matt

Oh I forgot about that. Awesome!

Just a bit of fun, but it would be super cool if TG could handle HSLSL and just like, I dunno, load them into a list (from a folder in a TG subdir "/shaders" or something) and you can just checkbox which ones you want to apply to final image. I'm sure the final image processing could apply HLSL? I've actually wanted to make a plugin but no clue where to start, not even sure what TG is written in.

There are some nice effects I really love in 3D, and movies (MPC) that I can't reproduce in Photoshop well that I feel would look amazing on TG. Especially cinematic post processing ones.