New Stuff (Part 2)

Started by masonspappy, June 01, 2018, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

This is the 'B' side of a two-fronted OBJ house model  introduced in a previous thread.  The image is a rework/upgrade of one I did a few years ago.  It's also  very much a WIP, so C's & C's welcomed and appreciated!

Every object model used so far,  (including all the vegetation and trees), was made in Blender. 

luvsmuzik

You are doing great! I too had some tree models made, but since that monster reset Win10 did on me, I seem to be missing some files for tree making. I only have  version 2.79 now, and tree presets or saved presets...lost. I am just about over being mad about this, and will try again. That treemaker has some great options I think. I just wish you could adjust after converting to mesh, but I guess you have to be smart enough to do it right the first time.  ;D  I tried a tree by skin modifier, but I do not quite do proportional editing correctly, then my branches sort of floated rather than being connected as a particle system. At least it is fun to try.

Dune

You're obviously good at it in a program that is supposed to be a bit unintuitive (so I've heard), so respect. The house, for one, is great. I don't know if it's based on actual houses, but what I miss is something like rainwater drainage pipes and gutters. Also small windows for light in the attic zone, and a chimney.

archonforest

Nice modelling! Agree with Ulco on the details.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

Old enough to remember those rounded gutters strapped to the roof edge....such fun to clean out on a 2 1/2  story house!  That was good money maker for a kid not afraid of heights!

DocCharly65

Curious where this goes - especially the background would be a challenge for me :)

masonspappy

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 03, 2018, 04:10:58 AM
Curious where this goes - especially the background would be a challenge for me :)
Frankly it's a heckuva challenge for me, too.

I agree with  items Dune pointed out so trying to add those to the house.  Also like Luvmusic's idea about the rounded gutters. Bit more of a challenge but perhaps more in keeping with an old house like this.  Will post updates soon as I can...

Thanks all for your comments!!

luvsmuzik

hmmm..wonder if you could bisect some of those piping elements in the addon?  I forget, but maybe boot angles for downspout runoffs with those? Turning off my brain on this now....hehehe...

masonspappy

Next iteration...
Incorporated Dune's suggestions for the house and I think they add  character.  I changed the roof shape for the two dormers but not sure that change is working. Problem is that ( a long time ago) I saw a house like this in either Pennsylvania or West Virginia, and I'm not sure I'm correctly recalling the details for the dormer roofs.
Need to add some refinements especially on right side of image, and maybe lower or get rid of background mountains. 
hmmm..wonder if you could bisect some of those piping elements in the addon?  I forget, but maybe boot angles for downspout runoffs with those?
Hey luvsmuzik .. can you elaborate?
Thanks!

Kadri

Nice work.
Maybe a little more displacement and-or higher res textures(they are procedural now?) on the coach and those fences?

Dune

Rain pipes are great. But I think the upper extra windows seem to lay on top of the walls, not sunk into them. Otherwise, terrific house.

luvsmuzik

Great gutters! I knew if I could make a candy cane from a cylinder and a curve, you would come up with something! Pipe elements are in Add mesh Mechanical, How about vertical wood shutters with small slats like on lower part of window, up top? Or make it like a ventilation piece with all slots horizontal?  You could make this country style landscape with another field and far off house in distance....low hills way back there...

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

masonspappy

I'm thinking/hoping/wishing that I'm done with this image.
Re: the farmhouse dormers, I finally admitted defeat and rebuilt them to more conventional architectural style.  But I liked the way it turned out and as more stuff was added it took on a more pronounced aged aspect.
Got rid of the mountains (Yes, I move mountains....      ::)   )
Added more veggies and a few finishing touches on the dirt road.
All veggies and object models created in Blender 2.79b.

Dune