The long way to Orakum II The standing guards

Started by Agura Nata, June 03, 2018, 01:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agura Nata

II built the gauge and the tube in Blender 2.79, and added and rendered the materials in Terragen 4.2.10.

It took longer to prepare the old gauge, set the mesh resolution in the curves, and then use New Objects. Especially with cylinder likes TG "Nygon" not and Boolean also helps only "Remesh" to get an even distribution and then it renders well in TG.

Some screws and brackets were added and a wire for the data
"Live and Learn!"

DocCharly65

That's so beautiful that I am almost motivated to go on playing my bioshock-games :)

Agura Nata

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 10, 2018, 04:20:51 AM
That's so beautiful that I am almost motivated to go on playing my bioshock-games :)

Thank you Doc

And I play Myst and Riven ;)
"Live and Learn!"

Agura Nata

Now I still have a generated texture tested in TG, for closer shots and tubes apparently better suited than the last.
"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

That is awesome, the seam in the first was passable but so close to the gauge, a little obvious. Incredible objects! :)

Agura Nata

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 10, 2018, 06:19:58 PM
That is awesome, the seam in the first was passable but so close to the gauge, a little obvious. Incredible objects! :)

Thanks my friend!

TG Material von "Hannes":

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22695.msg229027.html#msg229027

"Live and Learn!"

Agura Nata

Steam Flow

The 2nd gauge is ready. Later, it all comes in a surreal Orakum landscape.
Now I take a break for a few days, because it was a bit too much for my brain.

I designed the objects in Blender.
Material and render in Terragen 4.2.10
On the left I added some steam in PS postwork.
"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

Great stuff! Nice gloss on the metal now too! I have done some Text tricks in Blender 2.79 and your gauges are so nice! I have now successfully unwrapped a cube and made a UV map. I know what you mean about resting your brain. Learning a new paint program and marking seams....Information overload.  ;D

Agura Nata

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 12, 2018, 09:38:02 AM
Great stuff! Nice gloss on the metal now too! I have done some Text tricks in Blender 2.79 and your gauges are so nice! I have now successfully unwrapped a cube and made a UV map. I know what you mean about resting your brain. Learning a new paint program and marking seams....Information overload.  ;D

Much thanks! :)

It's great my friend, good luck with your projects!

Wished a nice day my friend.
"Live and Learn!"

DocCharly65

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Agura Nata

My new project with the gauges is progressing well, here I have already designed the floating base for it.
Terragen and Blender

I love those surreal parts with rust best. The object consists of interlaced letters "I" which has been mirrored several times and then modified with curve and cast. Before with remesh edited to be able to bend it nicely. UV processing "New objects"
"Live and Learn!"

Agura Nata

My new surreal project is progressing, gears with brackets and rump still need to be optimized in Blender for export to Terragen 4.2
I built everything from fonts except the gearbox.
"Live and Learn!"

Agura Nata

It's going well with the steampunk project :)
The frame of iron and bronze with bracket, and the gearbox were revised in Blender, this came several hexagon bolts. Currently, the gears are made of copper and the rods are chrome with rust spots, in the end I'll see what fits best.
Render Terragen 4.2
"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

You are a master at texturing for sure! New objects are just great!

Man's Inventions and Discoveries

I could do a whole dissertation on these images and objects! I know you will use them in your fantastic surreal compositions, but I truly appreciate the modelling skill and creativity involved. :)