Dust

Started by Kadri, June 03, 2018, 10:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on June 03, 2018, 10:02:30 PM

At least something more then a doodle.
This image is more then 90 % or so finished to my eye. But i have 2 questions.

I wanted this one to be a little dark. But is it too dark?
On one of my monitors it looks good, in the second one it might be a little dark to others. Not sure.

The wreck on the right lower side does it look Ok (finished) to you?
I might add kind of a little trail of wreck parts from the lower right to the main wreck but not sure if it needs more.

Looks really awesome! Love the lighting. I'm wondering if rock objects would look nicer?

As for the brightness, on my monitor and my TV, it looks great, on my phone, with locked in contrast and colour settings, it is pretty dark and little hard to see, actually.

Matt

It's too dark to see the wreck clearly on my iPhone (it's visible at max brightness but when I have the screen at a lower setting it's indistinguishable from the background).

Why not put it against the brighter parks of the background to create a silhouette?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

...or have something else in the background that extends some light into the lower right corner?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Kadri

Thanks all.

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 04, 2018, 01:38:39 PM
I'm wondering if rock objects would look nicer?

I tried but couldn't get them the way i want (they are scattered rock objects). The bare look looked better then what i tried.
They are a little bigger now then they should be probably.
With a smaller size they might look OK. The rock amount could be a little less too maybe.

Matt the unprocessed image was a little lighter. I liked the darker look but it is here a bit too much as it looks.

I am making some tests now to make a small animation of the scene.
I will try to change(make it brighter) the scene so much i can without loosing the look too much.
I will test morphing because of render times. But in my older tests it didn't work all the time.
Curious if it will help here. Rendering the clouds in half HD and all the other parts in HD would be easier probably.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on June 04, 2018, 10:10:18 PM
Thanks all.

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 04, 2018, 01:38:39 PM
I'm wondering if rock objects would look nicer?

I tried but couldn't get them the way i want (they are scattered rock objects). The bare look looked better then what i tried.
They are a little bigger now then they should be probably.
With a smaller size they might look OK. The rock amount could be a little less too maybe.

Matt the unprocessed image was a little lighter. I liked the darker look but it is here a bit too much as it looks.

I am making some tests now to make a small animation of the scene.
I will try to change(make it brighter) the scene so much i can without loosing the look too much.
I will test morphing because of render times. But in my older tests it didn't work all the time.
Curious if it will help here. Rendering the clouds in half HD and all the other parts in HD would be easier probably.

Looking at the later iterations against the first, it does look much better. All in all a amazing scene, though you know me, I love atmospherics TG. Lots I love about it, and lots I want to do when I have a better machine, or other things improve.

Kadri

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 05, 2018, 02:10:26 AM
... though you know me, I love atmospherics TG. Lots I love about it, and lots I want to do when I have a better machine, or other things improve.

Yes Terragen is great from that aspect.
In other forums you can hear that the render engine regarding clouds-atmosphere is always praised too.

archonforest

very cool image Kadri! Well done.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Seth

Agura Nata

Great render dear Kadri :)
"Live and Learn!"

masonspappy

I  like how the clouds are illuminated by the star.
Maybe a silhouette of a body or two mixed with the wreckage? ?   :o