Hopscotch Pond

Started by luvsmuzik, May 30, 2018, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcgi

masonspappy

Quote from: ajcgi on June 01, 2018, 06:30:44 AM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 31, 2018, 10:41:32 AM
Ever reminded of this hysterical post by masonspappy  ;D
Gary Goose USMC https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22172.msg223456.html#msg223456
Haha I totally forgot about this.

Ha ha - I'd almost forgotten myself.  We hung the completed picture outside Gary's cubicle at work.   People liked it so much they would yell "quack quack BANG' as they walked by.
The lady who was my manager at the time took me aside and said, " That was hilarious. If you ever do it again I'm firing you".  :o

luvsmuzik

Quote from: masonspappy on June 01, 2018, 04:53:55 PM
Quote from: ajcgi on June 01, 2018, 06:30:44 AM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 31, 2018, 10:41:32 AM
Ever reminded of this hysterical post by masonspappy  ;D
Gary Goose USMC https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22172.msg223456.html#msg223456
Haha I totally forgot about this.

Ha ha - I'd almost forgotten myself.  We hung the completed picture outside Gary's cubicle at work.   People liked it so much they would yell "quack quack BANG' as they walked by.
The lady who was my manager at the time took me aside and said, " That was hilarious. If you ever do it again I'm firing you".  :o

I guess we watched too many Looney Tunes as children.... :o

luvsmuzik

Tell Gary they are swans.....

swan tgo
crabgrass1 tgo
lush grass tgo Mr_Lampost

I will try adding clouds later..rendering at 1 hour with 12 populations, 9 objects

DocCharly65

luvsmuzik

Took some time away and tried a tree. Blender 2.79 skin modifier. You shape a tree from a single vertex with a skin modifier application. Tree can be further shaped/scale, rotate with proportional editing. I used some sculpting for additional  detail.

Agura Nata

Well done, fine work my friend!
"Live and Learn!"

masonspappy

Hi Luvsmuzik - you got a compliment from my wife. I had this image on my display and she really liked it!

Kadri

Nice.
I think you played a little too much with the lighting.
Curious how it looks with the default ones.
Maybe some different texturing on the tree trunk on the lower left and in the middle?

WAS

Still looking good. I agree on the lighiting, also interested if it's possible to get the grass to lean a bit on your subtle ground displacement with tex coords or something.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: masonspappy on June 06, 2018, 12:03:20 PM
Hi Luvsmuzik - you got a compliment from my wife. I had this image on my display and she really liked it!
Thanks! Still a WIP

Quote from: Kadri on June 06, 2018, 12:59:39 PM
Nice.
I think you played a little too much with the lighting.
Curious how it looks with the default ones.
Maybe some different texturing on the tree trunk on the lower left and in the middle?
Quote from: WASasquatch on June 06, 2018, 01:08:57 PM
Still looking good. I agree on the lighiting, also interested if it's possible to get the grass to lean a bit on your subtle ground displacement with tex coords or something.
I will work on all suggestions. Thank you for those comments. I probably over did the clarity filter and exposure control. I was trying to see every blade of grass.....etc.
I can rotate and scale the PF tree bark, let's see what that does. I have to learn UV mapping one way or another.

As for rotating the grass...I can rotate them all  presently with simple rotation (rotation already set 1-360)  but I Know what you mean, from the other axis to create an unkempt look, like a natural wild setting would have. Remember all those files Dune makes with "simple" in the share?.....if it is no greater than 40 nodes, I might could do it. I don't have dyslexia, but what ever it is, my brain only tracks it so far, then gets lost. So I hear ya!

Kadri

A little postwork (with permission from luvsmuzik :) ).

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Kadri on June 06, 2018, 02:16:20 PM

Oh that does look better! Thank you Kadri! That is cool how you took those objects out without disturbing anything.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on June 06, 2018, 02:16:20 PM

That looks great Kadri, nice postwork.

Dune

That kind of light suits it much better indeed. I think you just need to replace by a new atmo shader and set lighting to default.