Neanderthals

Started by Dune, June 04, 2018, 11:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

He was the one who pointed the anomaly out to me  ;)

DocCharly65

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 29, 2018, 03:10:10 PM
Quote from: Dune on July 29, 2018, 12:36:03 PM
Another test, mainly about this fat old tree. I don't like the branches, so I'm making a better one.

Neanderthal is not amused also. Lol

Indeed ... How could he be amused? - I guess this trouble is his fault ... after throwing a stone at the tree all little branches and leaves fell down?

Anyway very good ground and persons :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 30, 2018, 02:09:42 AM
He was the one who pointed the anomaly out to me  ;)

ha ha ha
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Working on a detail of a Neanderthal camp for a book. Hesitating between a sunny look and some drab, miserable setting (but still not overly depressing for the sake of the reader). So I added some reflections on mud/sand and some pools, some rain, etc. To start with. WIP, lots to be done still. For one; relocate a forgotten hairpiece  :P

DocCharly65

Great render, Ulco! Like being there!

bobbystahr

Agree it's a really fine render but they all except Mr. Missing Hairpiece, look like they've just been to the barber shop their hair is so neatly trimmed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: Dune on August 24, 2018, 01:58:04 AM
Working on a detail of a Neanderthal camp for a book. Hesitating between a sunny look and some drab, miserable setting (but still not overly depressing for the sake of the reader). So I added some reflections on mud/sand and some pools, some rain, etc. To start with. WIP, lots to be done still. For one; relocate a forgotten hairpiece  :P

That's really cool! I wonder if they would harvest grass to make makeshift beds like gorilla and chimp species do.

Dune

Yes, they might, logically thinking. Nobody knows, I guess.

mhaze

That sky is amazing! so is everything else! Great work Ulco.

Dune

Well, I wasn't quite satisfied with the sky actually. One of the beams has a nasty central black area. Want to have it more dramatic. Working on it now...

DocCharly65

Much better now, Ulco :)

The clouds position makes the lighting more plausible. It somehow reminds me of an interpretation of the biblical story of the Flood :)
Somehow I have the feeling the muddy ground somehow looks better now. The blonde boy's hair is much better now... a pitty that Kojak had to go :)

All in all well done - thumbs up!

Dune

Thansk, Nils. In the meantime a lot of things have changed again; position of puddles, added a really meaty deerleg instead of that strange red and white clump, some spears, and stone debris near the 2 front guys hacking, long hair for 2 guys, etc. I will probably not post the final, though.

N-drju

Curved rain-lines in the distance and the general peasoup-y atmosphere make this setting really captivating and relaxing in my view. I wonder where the fire comes from though - procedural, object or postwork?

Not sharing the final seems like a prudent thing to do. Understandable.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

masonspappy

Latest image looks really nice!
Understand you can't share final image but I'll bet it will be grand!