Neanderthals

Started by Dune, June 04, 2018, 11:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on August 27, 2018, 09:22:21 AM
Latest image looks really nice!
Understand you can't share final image but I'll bet it will be grand!

I agree
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I had to hit seed lots of times and adjust lots of nodes to get the right rain veils and clouds, but I got it quite perfect now. Lowered and rotated the camera a tiny bit so I can use the right (or left) half for bookcover without cutting legs, added some more grasses and herbs, and added ochre bodypaint to some of the guys.
The firepit is a circle of fake stones, ground is blackened/sooted up by SSS and PF, added some (black/grey/red) branches, and the flames is just a card with an image, very simple. I will add smoke in post.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 27, 2018, 09:47:14 AM
I had to hit seed lots of times and adjust lots of nodes to get the right rain veils and clouds, but I got it quite perfect now.

I must agree and note that you must have patience of a Saint or a Statue; ;D I guess that's what perfection demands.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Thank you, Bobby. Indeed, I tend to fuss over little things. Often far more than is being paid for  :P

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 12, 2018, 01:41:05 AM
Thank you, Bobby. Indeed, I tend to fuss over little things. Often far more than is being paid for  :P

I tend to be like that with my music which is the driving force in my creative life so I guess I get it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

This is the final concept/WIP. Some minor stuff maybe (like changing the snowy owl feather into a falcon tail-feather), but then it'll be rendering big.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 13, 2018, 01:41:37 AM
This is the final concept/WIP. Some minor stuff maybe (like changing the snowy owl feather into a falcon tail-feather), but then it'll be rendering big.

great progress...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 13, 2018, 01:41:37 AM

Is algae growing on the filth on their skin? That's a interesting thought.

Dune

There could well be  ;D But it's ochre-like bodypaint. Maybe a tad to greenish?

masonspappy

Dude, that's remarkable!

luvsmuzik

Love how you have isolated the foreground and included the distant terrain! Great perspective.  Fascinating image! (Trying to absorb all your explanations as this progressed) :)

j meyer

Maybe a different angle for the feather, since now it looks a bit like a blade
or so thrown at him by the other guy.
Nice meat texture.

DocCharly65

A real WOW!-Render again, Ulco. :)

I think your idea with the falcon like feather instead of the owl is a good idea.
The mood of the scene is unbelievable good now. I like how the weather seems to get better.
Now I need breakfast - somthing with MEAT! ;D ;)

Dune

Join the party, I'd say  ;D Plenty food to be caught in those days.

Changed the feather in the meantime and relocated some of the ducks, as I found the distribution too even. Maybe change feather angle indeed. Thanks for all your comments.

The picknick area is a warped simple shape mask, btw. The puddles are hard PF masked, with a color adjust to darken ground and RT reflective shader, and which also smoothes the small stones and stuff, after a XYZ shader to fix the hills as they are.
Blood is another warped and broken up SSS through surface shader. Small river in distance is a simple drawn mask (Photoshop) that I located in the right place, sunk a little and added a reflective shader. And it smoothes the fake grass.
Rain is stretched cloud, rotated over X or Z by transform shader and warped by distribution shader with minimum altitude and some fuzzyness for the wind-slanted idea.
Clouds are masked out by a white circle on black (Photoshop), then inversed, and projected towards the sun, hence burning a hole in the cloud.

Dune

Second image for the book as WIP. I don't like the reflection of these clouds, so they will be changed. Waiting for the archaeologists to have their say....