Neanderthals

Started by Dune, June 04, 2018, 11:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Dune on June 20, 2018, 01:26:48 AM
Some new people I made.

Really nice! Dude in the back may not be part of the tribe! The kid may be warning them... lol

But is that one person eating a rock? Lol

mhaze

You are getting good at this - nice work.

luvsmuzik

Very impressive. You are about to dispel the myth that character features do no transfer to Terragen. In your b/w image the skin /anatomic features are quite evident defining muscle tone, etc. In the color image it also becomes quite obvious that your shaders have great detail. Are you using a limb by limb shader or one UV map for a static body? And to either are you adding some displacement? Amazing progress in my opinion.

sboerner

Nice renders, Ulco. Like the second one especially. Adding ZBrush to my bucket list as well.

Dune

I use the provided DAZ maps, but the main additions are procedural. Scratches and bumps, differences in skin tone, etc, either procedural or by mixing in a simple painted texture tile.
Clothes/hides I make in ZB as a single side (thin) mesh to save on unnecessary polys, but my next challenge is to just have the visible edges thickened (more like real skins). Edges are sometimes too obviously thin, but I don't want the whole thing double, because I sometimes get problems with inside poking through outside.

Dune

Here's another guy. I now added some procedural insect bumps  ;D (and had to make a quick fly in ZB)

luvsmuzik

Wow! Once again great details! Hannes makes measles and now you have made fly-bites! Each new character is becoming your best. Chest/abdomen hair adds so much, as well as unkempt facial and scalp hairs. (No blow dryers and vent brushes in this era!) The attire is so good here also. Right off the beast.....

mhaze

Love it, has a touch of humour that brings it alive.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on June 23, 2018, 01:58:07 AM
Here's another guy. I now added some procedural insect bumps  ;D (and had to make a quick fly in ZB)

Wow the detail is great. He doesn't look too happy about his colony of flies.

DocCharly65

Quote from: mhaze on June 24, 2018, 05:52:05 AM
Love it, has a touch of humour that brings it alive.

Echo! I can almost smell the reason for all the flies ;D

Very nice and detailed! Good work!

Dune

Yeah, I was thinking of adding a line about the guy really needing a good rinse  ;)

Also this new figure. Child is not perfect at all (wasn't able to use a proper morph).

bobbystahr

Nicely posed Father and Child though..well done on that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Actually, I kind of like the look on dad's face.

Dune