The badly named Mushroom Tree in am all PBR scene

Started by bobbystahr, June 07, 2018, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

As the title says everything including the surreal mountains is either from cube brush or sketchfab as pbr
Comments welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Clever stuff! :)  Is the tree from the mantissa group? I got that one converted but a few of the others just lock Blender up to crash.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 07, 2018, 04:09:14 PM
Clever stuff! :)  Is the tree from the mantissa group? I got that one converted but a few of the others just lock Blender up to crash.

took better part of an hour to load as a .fbx in DAZ as I don't run Blender
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Oh okay, maybe I gave up too easy. I have another one to try here, but cherry blossom season is about done....hahaha

luvsmuzik

Here is another heads up for you about the shaders. For whatever reason, the default colors are a myriad of color, probably for identity in some program. The trees do much better if you set default color to a gray. This effects how the image textures do, I found. The images do not override the default, instead absorbing the default hue. For the fungus, I used a tan/beige to make them pop.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 07, 2018, 05:20:45 PM
Here is another heads up for you about the shaders. For whatever reason, the default colors are a myriad of color, probably for identity in some program. The trees do much better if you set default color to a gray. This effects how the image textures do, I found. The images do not override the default, instead absorbing the default hue. For the fungus, I used a tan/beige to make them pop.

yeah I neutralized everything in PoseRay first and found textures I got to fit in my voluminous image map directory.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New