SQUARED REFLECTION

Started by cytone, June 10, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cytone

hello guys, can someone help me to understand why the reflexes are all squared?[attachimg=1]
Alberto Cittone / Cy Tone

Inhale - Exhale - Inspire - Create

"All Content is Copyright-free, everyone can use it as he/she/it prefers, we don't give a fuck. Culture is a human heritage not a mass production tool"

www.cytone.org
www.behance.net/cytone
www.facebook.com/cytone

Dune

That's because the area you render in the mirror is behind the camera, kind of out of it's angle (there's a name for it, can't remember). You have to adjust the Ray Detail region in the Render Advanced tab. Experiment a bit and you'll find the solution in there.

cytone

Alberto Cittone / Cy Tone

Inhale - Exhale - Inspire - Create

"All Content is Copyright-free, everyone can use it as he/she/it prefers, we don't give a fuck. Culture is a human heritage not a mass production tool"

www.cytone.org
www.behance.net/cytone
www.facebook.com/cytone

archonforest

Ohh... I like your motto:

:D :D :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

Glad I came across this, this probably explains the low detail in volume in the water shader.

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on June 10, 2018, 10:18:58 AM
That's because the area you render in the mirror is behind the camera, kind of out of it's angle (there's a name for it, can't remember). You have to adjust the Ray Detail region in the Render Advanced tab. Experiment a bit and you'll find the solution in there.

Parallax?

Dune

No, frustrum, I believe. English is not my first language, so I tend to forget stuff  ;)