X-Wing

Started by J_Con, June 11, 2018, 04:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Con

Hi All.
I just thought I would move some progress images to a new thread. While the model should probably be on a Star Wars modelling site, I am building it mainly for Terragen use, so kinda fits.

While I didn't want to do a lot of research to build a movie accurate model, the reference images I am using have issues, notably the canopy and fuselage don't line up seamlessly, so I will have to get better reference for that. Also, the reference I am using seems to use greebles that have no bearing on the "Real thing". However, I don't want to get bogged down in details that won't be seen/noticed.

I will possibly build a Tie fighter also, as they seem to go hand in hand. A Y-Wing would be lovely but from the images I have seen they seem to be 90% greeble. A lot of work perhaps.

When it/they are complete I will upload the model/s somewhere if anybody wants to use them.

WAS

Can't wait. I have a lot of Star Wars and Star Trek models that are just broken nonsense for TG that I have been trying to get working to use. They require a modelers touch which I barely even am a beginner. Would love to see a model made for TG. :D

DocCharly65

That's a cool project! :)

archonforest

Wow! Pretty cool stuff. 
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

I hope to see these rendered soon! Looks like lots of fun!

J_Con

Hi all. Got a bit bogged down with details on this model, which I didn't want to do. When I started looking for reference for the greebles I then noticed how poor my original reference images where. Quite a few built in errors that I then also built in and subsequently had to remove.

I thought I would have gotten away without a cockpit and pilot, but unfortunately not. The pilot used here is downloaded from the web, I will replace him with my own and a simple cockpit shape. I hopefully will have it textured next week, work/life permitting.

WAS

Being a life-long die-hard fan of Star Wars with numerous schematic books, I don't even notice any errors off the bat. Though I am not comparing to concepts and schematics.

masonspappy

Nice looking model!