Spooky Greenish Place

Started by Seth, October 02, 2007, 07:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

ok 49 hours to render that ! it was my first try with population of objects... not very happy with it (except the clouds colours)
i don't think i'll modify it to render that thing a second time... too long to wait...

dhavalmistry

this is nice....I really like it....a bit dark but I love the clouds....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

cyphyr

Nice image, I like it. Moody. I'm surprised it took 49 hours to render though (at this size? !!), what were your render settings. Theres not many times you'll need to go above a detail setting of 0.7 or 0.8, an AA setting of 7 or 8, together with a GI relativity detail and GI sample quality of 1. Cloud samples are more difficult to predict but a sample quality of 256 is usually sufficient. Also a real killer is having a 3D cloud layer between your camera and water layer, the light rays have a lot of calculations to contend with.
Keep up the good work :)
Richard

ps: I just saw your artworks on DA, I guess (not hard) you know all this already. lol :D
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

rcallicotte

I like it, too.  The atmosphere and clouds are what took so long...and the water, right?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

AA is only 3 (free version) but detail setting is 1.... you're right calico, the clouds explain (more or less) the time render...

oh and thanks for the info cyphyr ! i didn't know about having 3D clouds between cam and water layer will creep the render time... it's logical but i didn't figure it out ^^