Empty Beach: FINAL

Started by dhavalmistry, October 02, 2007, 11:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

this is my first try at fake transparent water technique using sonshine's way

I gotta get some more people on the beach!... ;)

I am uploading the updated render for comparison.....I got the blue color right (I think)...I still need to work on the green color.....

added the final version for comparison....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Oshyan

Wow, nice one! I think maybe you should blend in some blue-green texturing for the underwater bit, but the scene as a whole looks nicely realistic already.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

yeah thanx... I was trying that but I couldnt figureout how to apply a gradient to water colour.......

nvseal

Agree with Oshyan, but this does fantastic as is. Any chance for an HQ version?

cyphyr

Looking really lovely, very realistic, can almost see the shadow of the plane :) I do agree about the bluish/green for the near shore underwater texture, sorry, no idea how to do that though :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

sonshine777

You could do two surface shaders below the water level that have the bluish/green tones to them then render that as your underwater image. Don't get too bright, try to make it subtle. Just a thought :)

dhavalmistry

Quote from: sonshine777 on October 03, 2007, 01:11:39 AM
You could do two surface shaders below the water level that have the bluish/green tones to them then render that as your underwater image. Don't get too bright, try to make it subtle. Just a thought :)

yes thats exactly what I thought too but thought of doing it in photoshop....but now that I think about it....it would be better if I did that in TG....will give it a try in morning....currently rendering an HQ version...

Seth

rcallicotte

Cool job. Looks like some place I want to be.  Great.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

cyphyr

Looking great, this is coming along very nicely. I'll have to get my head around this technique soon.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

JohnnyBoy

Looking great, but if that's sand on the beach then I would expect the water to appear lighter at the shore not darker. Keep up the good work!

Seth

i prefer the first one :)
in the second one, the blue is too.... errrr... blue.... i don't know if you understand what i mean ^^
but it's only a matter of personal taste :)

rcallicotte

I'm with Seth.  The water looks more natural (to me) on the first one.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

I have to agree I prefer the first one.

Here's a stupid question:  I know it looks cool but can't we wait a couple of months for proper transparent water?  In the final version allegedly :D

P.S.  Nice work.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.