Empty Beach: FINAL

Started by dhavalmistry, October 02, 2007, 11:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I think I am gonna stick with fake method as it takes much less time to render compared to real transparency method...although it wouldnt be accurate as the real transparent water but in scenes like these, you can get away with it,.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

dhavalmistry

just a little update....I know its not much but trust me....its hard and frustrating....

efflux

It's a cool scene but water transparency would be essential to get this looking at it's best, especially with the very light beach colour.

Seth

yeaaah very nice ^^
much much better water !

Athesdan

Agree with Seth !

Very great work !

rcallicotte

Did I hear someone say Gilligan's Island?  Keep on this.  In my opinion, it looks promising.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: efflux on October 10, 2007, 03:17:33 PM
It's a cool scene but water transparency would be essential to get this looking at it's best, especially with the very light beach colour.

there is water transparency workaround applied to the scene but the green color gradient takes it away...if you look at the top right corner...you will see......I guess I messed up the mask for rest of the area...making the blending mask was tedious and painfull as I did the whole thing with hand in photoshop....and I dont even have a tablet....

rcallicotte

I hope someday you will get a tablet.

Quote from: dhavalmistry on October 10, 2007, 06:56:25 PM
Quote from: efflux on October 10, 2007, 03:17:33 PM

there is water transparency workaround applied to the scene but the green color gradient takes it away...if you look at the top right corner...you will see......I guess I messed up the mask for rest of the area...making the blending mask was tedious and painfull as I did the whole thing with hand in photoshop....and I dont even have a tablet....

dhavalmistry

another update.....a better one.... :)

Seth

amazing Oo
you should put your clouds back (perhaps you did and it was not so good looking...) because they add realism (IMO)

the trees on the second island... i don't know... something's strange to me... perhaps something else on this island... it seems a little empty to me ^^

old_blaggard

Very nice work!  I agree that some clouds in there would add realism, and I also think that you should get rid of that other island (if possible).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

ya this was just a rough draft....I am still working some little details....

dhavalmistry

Quote from: old_blaggard on October 11, 2007, 03:08:48 PM
Very nice work!  I agree that some clouds in there would add realism, and I also think that you should get rid of that other island (if possible).

yes...the background island will be hidden due to clouds

Athesdan

rcallicotte

Yes.  Much better.  Except now I can't hear Giligan's Island theme song.   ;D