There was a problem. License is valid but it failed to activate

Started by t0mr1ddle, June 14, 2018, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t0mr1ddle

receiving this after renewal maintenance... :'(

There was a problem. License is valid but it failed to activate (you may have reached the activation limit).

what should I do?

Oshyan

Where are you seeing this error? In Terragen itself?

- Oshyan

t0mr1ddle

the error pop up downloading the key file. the problem is solved by you raising the activation number. thx

anyway, just to track, the key file is not working on my macbook pro with the last 4.2 frontier.

Oshyan

I believe this problem has been solved now, correct? I think it was an OS permissions issue.

For everyone else's information, you do *not* need to manually re-download key files once you have installed them. If you renew Maintenance, you also do not need to re-download the key, this should happen automatically.

- Oshyan

raymoh

Same problem here, but no solution: Updated today to Version 4.2.10 (Mac-Edition), but no way to add the new License Key. The Maintenance purchase is valid until May 2019. Reinstall the whole program makes no difference.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

aokcub

I am also facing same issue.
The renewed key worked on Windows but don't work on Mac.

For reference I'll attach a screenshot running from command line.

aokcub

Oops I tried again and it worked.
Though I don't know what causes this...

raymoh

I contacted the Terragen-Support itself and they told me, there was a bug in the License Key Generator itself and they were to debug it.
On the third attempt it worked by me. The Key was accepted under macOS.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Oshyan

raymoh is correct, the release of 4.2 made a previously infrequent problem more visible and we were able to track it down and fix it. There may be some key file errors still, but we now have a process for resolving it. Contact us at support AT planetside.co.uk if you are having license issues.

- Oshyan