Gravel Shaders WIP

Started by WAS, June 15, 2018, 05:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Two shaders in use here, a Gravel Road Compressed, and Gravel Road Loose, as well as a "natural" (to the environment) rock surface that isn't part of the road shaders. Dune grass 2 and 9 for ambience. The basic dirt around the road was bugging me. I forgot to add base displacement to the road leveling so the tread paths look too flat imo. Doing another render with higher GI settings and a base displacement over night.

My usual "high contrast" type camera post processing, though I forgot to mask out some of my fake AO which made the grass to dark trying to add a bunch of shading.

Hannes

Looks great!! Very natural.

luvsmuzik

Attention to real world detail and random imperfections pretty darn good! Good job!

WAS

Thanks. Here is an update with the added displacement that was bugging me being absent. Upped scale and amplitude of displacement for the dirt. File is available in File Sharing section without Dune's models.

J_Con

Awesome.Looks real.A definite download.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Brilliant man....and as I have Dune's models this will be downloaded as soon as I type this...thanks...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 16, 2018, 02:56:04 PM
Brilliant man....and as I have Dune's models this will be downloaded as soon as I type this...thanks...

Here is the original TGD with the models and distributions still added if you want something already setup to the road specifications.

masonspappy

DocCharly65

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

WAS

ajcgi

This is excellent. I love it when people apply themselves to one thing. This and the recent pothole are examples of how focussing on one thing can be rewarding. Thanks for the share too!